Oklahoma lawmakers calling for OU president to be fired after 'Crimson & Queens' drag show

Polds4OSU

Sheriff
Patreon Supporter
State Rep. JJ Humphrey R-Lane, says he is shocked about the amount paid to the headliner of the Crimson & Queens drag show.

Humphrey says this is another example of the University pushing an agenda.

"So for the President to allow this kind of action should be instant grounds for termination," he said, "I'm gonna call on other legislators, I'm calling on the governor. Let's fire him today."

Crimson & Queens is an annual drag show at The University of Oklahoma, and according to the University's website, it provides a platform for OU students and other local performers to showcase their art and increase visibility for the local LGBTQ+ community.

"To my understanding that OU has become basically internationally known that this is the largest drag queen event in the state of Oklahoma, that this is a nationally highly respected event for drag queens," said Representative Humphrey. "The school seems to have lost their moral compass and they're pushing a woke and perverted agenda."

This year's show included headliner Yvie Oddly, and according to an open records request obtained by OCPA, she was paid $18,000 for her performance.

"So my question is, why are we spending $18,000 of the OU money, educational money, they could go to scholarships, could go to research, cancer research, these kinds of things that a school should be doing other research for the betterment of all people, instead OU president decides he wants to fund $18,000 For a person," Humphrey said.

According to the open records request received by OCPA, the funds used for the event were from the distributed student activity fees, and no state appropriations or student tuition were used.

"I've had people say, Well, this is not state funds, well, it is they're using student fees," said Humphrey, "So if they use those student fees for something like this, those fees could have been used for something else which we could have saved our money,"

OU sent us this statement regarding the issue:

The University of Oklahoma embraces our commitment to ensuring diverse voices and beliefs are represented across all OU campuses. We believe diversity and inclusion are key components of making our university a place of excellence, openness, and learning. The university also believes in the right to free expression, preserved in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. These beliefs are critical to who we are and what we aspire to be as a university community.
OU hosted a Fill The Stadium Christian worship event at the Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium on Saturday, and the University tells Fox 25 that the group who organized the event paid for all costs affiliated with the production, here is the full statement they sent regarding the 'Fill the Stadium' event:

As with all events held on OU property, the event providers are subject to the university’s policies and contractual obligations for leasing venue space on the OU campus, and are responsible for all costs affiliated with the production, including security, venue fees and other costs related to the operation of the stadium.

LOL, so silly to be consumed by. Once again, are Oklahoma legislators going to be more consumed over drag queens and transsexuals than doing anything to help us all, such as repealing the state sales tax on groceries.

So you don't find this to be frivolous spending?
Do they put on any other events for students like concerts or similar for students? I know OSU used to do Orange peel. I’m not sure how it was paid for but if it was the university would you consider it frivolous spending?

Do they put on any other events for students like concerts or similar for students? I know OSU used to do Orange peel. I’m not sure how it was paid for but if it was the university would you consider it frivolous spending?
Drag shows are frivolous

Reading the statement why is it LGBTQ+? If the plus is meant to include all other variants why not just LGB+? Drag shows at a university don’t bother me. By the time you get to college you should be a young adult and know if that’s something you’re interested in. It’s entirely different than a school assembly in a primary school setting. As far as the 18k not being spent directly on scholarships or research that’s just an absurd argument. I mean, why offer deserts in the cafeterias? That’s not a necessity and that jello money could also go to scholarships and research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This has been going on every year on the OU campus since 2016.

Why the problems now? why the issue now?

They didn’t charge admission iirc
Tickets were $18 each for presales or $24 at the door. Could Only preorder them in Record Stores in NYC or via Mail order request. They anticipated selling 50k tickets and that was the budget of the show. However, they actually presold 186,000 tickets. Presales generated $3.3 Million.

So they budgeted the stage and show and to pay the bands etc based on the idea of spending $3million and pocketing $300K + any ticket money at the gate as profit

However, an estimated 500,000 showed up, pushed over the fence and destroyed the not yet completed Box Office and an estimated 250,000 to 300,000 people went to the show for Free. They ended up having to pay for all sorts of unexpected costs and then had to settle over 80 lawsuits brought against them by locals (mostly local Farmers). All said and done they ended up $1.8 Million in Debt when it was over........however, did eventually turn a profit after 5 years of peddling sound recordings, albums, tshirts and merch etc from the show.

I miss the days when men dressed as women and we didn't blink an eye...Klinger, Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, the Church Lady (well isn't that special?!), Freddie Mercury and Queen (G.O.A.T.), David Bowie, Elton John, Kurt Cobain, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Boy George, Prince, Dennis Rodman!!
the good ole days...ha

I miss the days when men dressed as women and we didn't blink an eye...Klinger, Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, the Church Lady (well isn't that special?!), Freddie Mercury and Queen (G.O.A.T.), David Bowie, Elton John, Kurt Cobain, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Boy George, Prince, Dennis Rodman!!
the good ole days...ha
Basically the early 80s

Back