NCAA Tourey Thread

Don’t need to…fix didn’t even get to his legs. Only time he did was after a shot from Vito. One takedown wasn’t legit and they got corrected after the review…the rest they got it right. Fix got plenty of help from the refs including a lock hands call.

Fix only scored one takedown in his last 4 matches. He was surviving and advancing. That wasn’t going to work with Vito. Refs didn’t lose this for fix. If you truly believe that maybe you should rewatch the match once the emotion has calmed down
Don't need to rewatch it, I know what I saw and it was Fix taking more than enough shots to not be pegged that fast for stalling. Just because he didn't actually get to a leg doesn't mean he wasn't taking shots and just dancing around.

Matter of fact, I just watched David Carr do a lot of the same things Fix did for a lot of the 1st and 2nd periods, yet no stalls against him.

Fix got f*cked

oh, please.
It isn't emotion. Watch. It. Again.
You're the one that has numerous times exhibited your opinion on Fix's recent matches as the basis for your argument. You're biased like all the other keyboard warriros in the last 24hrs spreading vitriol over Fix. Previous matches are not what happened this evening.
I suggest laying off the booze and watching it again lmao. The tape doesn’t lie

Don't need to rewatch it, I know what I saw and it was Fix taking more than enough shots to not be pegged that fast for stalling. Just because he didn't actually get to a leg doesn't mean he wasn't taking shots and just dancing around.

Matter of fact, I just watched David Carr do a lot of the same things Fix did for a lot of the 1st and 2nd periods, yet no stalls against him.

Fix got f*cked
Carr was way more active than fix and wasn’t even close. Fix wasn’t taking any shots, much less very active. If this was freestyle, he would’ve been hit with passivity at least twice. Even Cormier was saying fix was passive. I hate it for him but the refs didn’t lose this for him

Was an interesting question brought up on telecast…should there be a rule/penalty for someone that stays on outside and basically steps out of bounds if other guy goes for takedown? (Not stalling but different)
I just think they should be more liberal with a stalling call. Especially if you shoot and the guy steps out of the circle.

I suggest laying off the booze and watching it again lmao. The tape doesn’t lie
Just rewatched. Fix had at least 8 full shots not counting the last 15 seconds....plus 2 slide-by that almost took. At least twice Vito did not toe the line after struting around the mat. Fix was wrestling. Vito was bull rushing and hoping something stuck...that's why Fix was able to get out of some of those. Its what big10 wrestling does...keep moving, keep shifting to prevent TDs. He had a great strategy...all the stoppage though was terrible for both.
As far as DC commenting, he did say that he wants to see Fix be the aggressor, but he also said at one point in the 2nd after another flurry of shots/countershots, that these are elite wrestlers...both of them. Stop trying to make this about my emotional state or that I'm drinking. Also, why no comments about Plott's match...guess you just came around to crap on Fix.🤡

Just rewatched. Fix had at least 8 full shots not counting the last 15 seconds....plus 2 slide-by that almost took. At least twice Vito did not toe the line after struting around the mat. Fix was wrestling. Vito was bull rushing and hoping something stuck...that's why Fix was able to get out of some of those. Its what big10 wrestling does...keep moving, keep shifting to prevent TDs. He had a great strategy...all the stoppage though was terrible for both.
As far as DC commenting, he did say that he wants to see Fix be the aggressor, but he also said at one point in the 2nd after another flurry of shots/countershots, that these are elite wrestlers...both of them. Stop trying to make this about my emotional state or that I'm drinking. Also, why no comments about Plott's match...guess you just came around to crap on Fix.🤡
I can tell you he didn’t have 8 full shots…not even close. He had 4 legit shots compared to Vito’s 11-12. Had one slide by and miss in the first period. First head butt was incidental…no malice behind it, it’s wrestling it happens. Your perception on big 10 wrestling is off….the alcohol must be kicking in hard. Vito picked up the pace and fix was struggling to handle it. Everytime fix would think he was bleeding he’d let the ref know. The third period the ref brushed him off and said he was fine.

3 of the top 5 teams are big 10 and 5 teams finished in the top 10. If you’ve following wrestling they’ve run the college scene the last 15 years.

In terms of plott…what’s there to say. He lost to the Most outstanding wrestler in the tournament. Most years he wins…just got beat by a better wrestler. Lay off the sauce man. It is what it is…get some sleep. The sun will rise tomorrow

Last edited:
Back