National Signing Day Thread

We hit a home run this year in our DB room as far as names go. I can't wait for my 40 year old ass to be in the BPS crowd surrounded by college kids drunkenly yelling smoke 'em Willie Nelson! David those are some big 'ole Kabongos! Jacobi it's an Oliphant!

We hit a home run this year in our DB room as far as names go. I can't wait for my 40 year old ass to be in the BPS crowd surrounded by college kids drunkenly yelling smoke 'em Willie Nelson! David those are some big 'ole Kabongos! Jacobi it's an Oliphant!
Yeah I mean it is better than trying to figure out which Smith is which in our defensive backfield... Cam, no wait, Dylan, no wait, Kale...

Interesting, a 6'2" 225lb running back that runs a sub 4.6 40 with these stats for 2023: Ran for 2,215 yards and 25 touchdowns as a senior on 232 attempts. Also totaled 21 receptions for 373 yards and four receiving touchdowns. Had offers from these schools:

Wofford, The Citadel, South Carolina State, North Carolina Central, North Carolina A&T, Howard, Chattanooga, Charlotte, Charleston Southern and Bryant

Do we offer him since, you know, no big school offered? At least then the "realists" can use the best non-OSU offer to justify their displeasure.
I think you let him and Ollie just terrorize defenses. When the dumbazz come calling for stars we show them all the Ws.

I think you let him and Ollie just terrorize defenses. When the dumbazz come calling for stars we show them all the Ws.
And show a few db’s plenty of stats when they get ran over.
Tom And Jerry Hbomax GIF by Max

Looking at the list of bowl games.
The streak from 2008 to 2017 contains many impressive bowl games.
However from 2018 to 2023, 4 of the 6 are definitely not headliners.

I do like our opponent this year even though it is only the Texas bowl.

Maybe not big time bowls, but I’m a sucker for good ranked matchups. These were all solid wins over some good programs.

2018 Liberty W over #24 Mizzou. We took scoreboard back after the 2013 Cotton Bowl heartbreaker.

2020 Cheeze It W over #18 Miami in their home state

Last edited:
Maybe not big time bowls, but I’m a sucker for good ranked matchups. These were all solid wins over some good programs.

2018 Liberty W over #24 Mizzou. We took scoreboard back after the 2013 Cotton Bowl heartbreaker.

2020 Cheeze It W over #18 Miami in their home state
Cheeze It was one of the two that I thought were good bowls over that 6 year span

why can we not get any 4 or 5 star recruits? I don't understand it, we have been a top 25 team for a long time and can never get any blue chip recruits. Our roster is 99% 3 star recruits which I get it just goes to show how good our coaching staff is to do what we have with them but we are never going to have a legitimate chance in a 12 team playoff with only 3 star guys. We need to find in a way to sprinkle in a few 4 and 5 star blue chippers at a minimum

why can we not get any 4 or 5 star recruits? I don't understand it, we have been a top 25 team for a long time and can never get any blue chip recruits. Our roster is 99% 3 star recruits which I get it just goes to show how good our coaching staff is to do what we have with them but we are never going to have a legitimate chance in a 12 team playoff with only 3 star guys. We need to find in a way to sprinkle in a few 4 and 5 star blue chippers at a minimum
To begin with ESPN only ranked 20 5 star players in the 2024 class. 24/7 ranked 32. Where do you think they are going to go? $$$$$$$.
Each of those ranking services had a couple of hundred 4 stars. Spread them out over roughly 60 P5 schools and you would think we could pick up a few and we occasionally get one or two. Once again $$$$ speaks. That leaves a bunch of 3 star players. Get the best of those and coach them up and you get what we have.

Here is the thing… We can keep developing talent and we will go on a serious run. We need to win the big 12 a few years and win a playoff game.

Our talent is not the issue. Our depth is. We need to get some depth at oline and we need a very good QB. We haven’t had a elite QB since weeden. I would say Rudolph was very good - and if we find one of his caliber than that should be good for us to go on a run.

I think our defense can improve by leaps and bounds. We just need a little more speed in the secondary.

Another thing to think about in our situation with recruiting is this:
If the staff were to invest a majority of their time/resources on those 4/5* kids and miss out on them throughout the recurring cycle, it will leave them scrambling toward the end. Those 3* kids that we usually target, have then already built other strong relationships with schools similar to Oklahoma State and now we miss on a large portion of those. That would leave us in a huge bind and we can’t afford to have even 1 class cycle in that situation.

Gundy and his staff invest time/resources into kids that they feel they have a good shot at getting. Kids that can play at this level, fit the culture and represent Oklahoma State well.

Back