Cowboys at Wildcats

Another game where they don’t give Garcia run support early in the game.

Josh on the post game radio, “Just couldn’t wiggle our way out of it.”

Really, how about we should have slammed the d@mn door on them. I remember a time when OSU baseball had the attitude of slamming the d@mn door mentality vs a wiggle their way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another game where they don’t give Garcia run support early in the game.

Josh on the post game radio, “Just couldn’t wiggle our way out of it.”

Really, how about we should have slammed the d@mn door on them. I remember a time when OSU baseball had the attitude of slamming the d@mn door mentality vs a wiggle their way out.

That was a LONG TIME ago, though. I grew up watching it, but there's not much evidence of it in the program other than some banners.

That was a LONG TIME ago, though. I grew up watching it, but there's not much evidence of it in the program other than some banners.

That is true. And it is also true the current coach had some exposure to that attitude.

Again, why not bring in Benge to slam the door. Why leave Molsky out there who was pushing his limits at that point? Especially when they get a runner on with no outs. (Not coming at you, just don’t understand the decision making there).

Would love to hear Josh’s explanation for that.

That is true. And it is also true the current coach had some exposure to that attitude.

Again, why not bring in Benge to slam the door. Why leave Molsky out there who was pushing his limits at that point? Especially when they get a runner on with no outs. (Not coming at you, just don’t understand the decision making there).

Would love to hear Josh’s explanation for that.

I am thinking something to the tune of ”I am always right so never question me”. He got that from TH.

I am thinking something to the tune of ”I am always right so never question me”. He got that from TH.
You have to slam the door shut when you get the two run lead so why not bring in a guy like Benge??? I never quite understand what is going through the staffs minds unless there is an injury or something along those lines!!! 🥴

You have to slam the door shut when you get the two run lead so why not bring in a guy like Benge??? I never quite understand what is going through the staffs minds unless there is an injury or something along those lines!!! 🥴
I get having and showing confidence in your pitcher as a coach but when it is time to go get him, you don’t second guess to see if he “figures it out” on the mound in a pivotal moment

I might see that early in the season but we are in mid to late April in heart of conference season. No time to just mess around.

I get having and showing confidence in your pitcher as a coach but when it is time to go get him, you don’t second guess to see if he “figures it out” on the mound in a pivotal moment

I might see that early in the season but we are in mid to late April in heart of conference season. No time to just mess around.
I kind of thought it showed that he doesn't have confidence in Benge. Normally, he'd be in at that point, no matter how well the set up guy was going. Just an odd move all the way around.

There is plenty of blame to go around. I have not been a fan at all of Walton for a long time and firmly believe he has cost way too many games to still be here. I have been a big supporter of Josh, but I am extremely disappointed in him. His evaluation of players and lack of any coherent hitting philosophy has become more than problematic. Our defense suffers because he plays guys out of position, inexplicably leaves barely average players in the lineup and then constantly shuffles the hitting order leaving those players entirely too high in the order. None of this leads to a productive offense and, when aided by Walton’s horrendous staff management and pitch sequencing, it results in the type thing we saw tonight and entirely too often over the last several years especially in the post season.

Last edited:
Back