Boynton Comments

Then they won’t mind if we hire their coach.
Why is everyone so hot to trot for hiring McDermott? He's coached not just in a top conference before, but in the Big 12 at Iowa State and the results were as mediocre as can be. He had success in a lesser conference, failed amongst the big boys, and has now found decent success again in a lesser conference. Know who that sounds eerily similar to? Travis Ford.

Pass

Why is everyone so hot to trot for hiring McDermott? He's coached not just in a top conference before, but in the Big 12 at Iowa State and the results were as mediocre as can be. He had success in a lesser conference, failed amongst the big boys, and has now found decent success again in a lesser conference. Know who that sounds eerily similar to? Travis Ford.

Pass
Or maybe he is a better coach now with more experience. It has been quite a while since he was at ISU. Creighton smoked UConn last night.

Or maybe he is a better coach now with more experience. It has been quite a while since he was at ISU. Creighton smoked UConn last night.
They also got smoked by UConn earlier in the season.

I dont necessarily think McDermott would be a bad hire, but he shouldn't be our go-to. Given his lack of any success at the power level in the past, I don't think he's the exciting splash kind of hire we need to inject some life into the program.

So I’m going back to Oklahoma, I went to the tech/TCU game. Father in law had bday and wanted to go to a bball game. I literally was sad by the end of it because it reminded me of how good we use to be and how loud the stadium was.

I am disgusted by our basketball program and it just pisses me off all the excuses

They also got smoked by UConn earlier in the season.

I dont necessarily think McDermott would be a bad hire, but he shouldn't be our go-to. Given his lack of any success at the power level in the past, I don't think he's the exciting splash kind of hire we need to inject some life into the program.

While I agree with you, I just can't think of a realistic "splash hire" we can make. If we can get a good, fundamentals-teaching guy with a decent track record, i.e. the Indiana State guy (just an example, I know next to nothing about him), it's still going to take a really good noncon season to begin to stir up the interest of students and casual fans. I'm sure there are numerous x and o guys who will excite most of us on here, but it's going to take wins to refill GIA.

Back