Border problem.

As shown above, that is what the people that turned down the bill requested the bill to be:

We won't do foreign aid unless you add border security>>>>>>> Now we don't want border security because that helps the country but hurts our candidate and boss>>>>>>> Hey, it wasn't a border security bill anyway, it was mostly foreign aid.

Funny how certain people keep failing to grasp how this flowed out.

GOP could have run on the fact that they are accomplishing something and making the liberals give in. Then use that to get their base excited about other changes that they might be able to push for, but nope. Rather do nothing but complain and delay.

Was it more the allowing Trump to have the border problem to run on, or denying aid to Ukraine? I.e., was it Trump killing it for his campaign or Putin killing it via Trump?

As shown above, that is what the people that turned down the bill requested the bill to be:

We won't do foreign aid unless you add border security>>>>>>> Now we don't want border security because that helps the country but hurts our candidate and boss>>>>>>> Hey, it wasn't a border security bill anyway, it was mostly foreign aid.
I'm sure it was exactly that simple. Of course when it started in September Ukranian aid was requested at $24 billion by Biden.

Funny how certain people keep failing to grasp how this flowed out.

GOP could have run on the fact that they are accomplishing something and making the liberals give in. Then use that to get their base excited about other changes that they might be able to push for, but nope. Rather do nothing but complain and delay.

Was it more the allowing Trump to have the border problem to run on, or denying aid to Ukraine? I.e., was it Trump killing it for his campaign or Putin killing it via Trump?
Funny how we are in an amazing deficit because of I'll give you what you want but, I will also take more too. And before we divide up politics, I am a confirmed Libertarian and wouldn't vote for either of the two f*%^ks running for president.

Funny how we are in an amazing deficit because of I'll give you what you want but, I will also take more too. And before we divide up politics, I am a confirmed Libertarian and wouldn't vote for either of the two f*%^ks running for president.
Yeah pretty sure it is the tax cuts that blew the defecit out

1000001363.png

Over the next ten years so, 330 billion a year vs $1.6 trillion in 2020 alone.
The most secure border package in the history of the country isn't worth $1.6 trillion?

450 miles of wall would have cost $18 billion. So for the 330 billion in tax cuts we could have built 8249 MILES OF WALL with that tax cut

1.6 trillion? That's the total spend for 2024 ..for like .the whole government FYI
FFS…FYI

Understanding the National Deficit​

A budget deficit occurs when money going out (spending) exceeds money coming in (revenue) during a defined period. In FY 2023, the federal government spent $6.13 trillion and collected $4.44 trillion in revenue, resulting in a deficit. The amount by which spending exceeds revenue, $1.70 trillion in 2023, is referred to as deficit spending.
The opposite of a budget deficit is a budget surplus, which occurs when the federal government collects more money than it spends. The U.S. has experienced a fiscal year-end budget surplus five times in the last 50 years, most recently in 2001.
When there is no deficit or surplus due to spending and revenue being equal, the budget is considered balanced.

I'm sure it was exactly that simple. Of course when it started in September Ukranian aid was requested at $24 billion by Biden.
That is what was reported. What do you think it was instead? What do we do with Ukraine? Shut off the money and let it fall? Those aren't rhetorical, I really want to know what you think.

Last edited:
That is what was reported. What do you think it was instead? What do we do with Ukraine? Shut off the money and let it fall? Those aren't rhetorical, I really want to know what you think.
While I don't have an answer to Ukraine, I also am not sure hundreds of billions of dollars so Ukraine can have a drawn out war that they may or may not win is the answer. What will that country look like in 4 more years of war? Then what do we spend to help rebuild them if the do win?

Personally selling them drones and helping them target the Russian oilfields would be a good way to hurt the Russian effort.

While I don't have an answer to Ukraine, I also am not sure hundreds of billions of dollars so Ukraine can have a drawn out war that they may or may not win is the answer. What will that country look like in 4 more years of war? Then what do we spend to help rebuild them if the do win?

Personally selling them drones and helping them target the Russian oilfields would be a good way to hurt the Russian effort.
I agree with you. It is a very difficult problem. Somewhat Vietnam-like, without our troops. While I don't want Ukraine to fall to Putin, The half-ass way we toss billions into the shredder just to obtain stalemate and ongoing death just sucks.

I agree with you. It is a very difficult problem. Somewhat Vietnam-like, without our troops. While I don't want Ukraine to fall to Putin, The half-ass way we toss billions into the shredder just to obtain stalemate and ongoing death just sucks.
I am stuck with that Vietnam feeling also. This is definitely not an easy situation with potenlially no good outcome, just a less bad one.

I am stuck with that Vietnam feeling also. This is definitely not an easy situation with potenlially no good outcome, just a less bad one.
We do pretty well with war if our only goal is to win. When we are involved in wars that require political moves and we have to avoid overwhelming firepower and tactics, we don’t fare so well.

but but but but if the Federal Govt would Just Enforce the Laws and Close the border none of this would happen.

This is a picture of Texas National Guard, Guarding a Fenced off closed border section, Enforcing Texas Laws after the Supreme Court got out of the way.

So Now you blame Texas National Guard inability to secure the Texas border Following and Using Texas Law on Biden Admin ?

Some are now calling for Texas to now allow the Texas National Guard just shoot them

Texas National Guard Faces Calls to Shoot Migrants After Being Overpowered​

Link

Can we blame what happened to the Texas National Guard on Trump as well? He specifically asked for Border issues without the passage of the bipartisan bill to be blamed directly on him.

Trump brags about efforts to stymie border talks: ‘Please blame it on me’

Republican front-runner Donald Trump said he wants to be held responsible for blocking a bipartisan border security bill in the works in the Senate as President Biden seeks emergency authority to rein in a record surge of unauthorized border crossings.

“As the leader of our party, there is zero chance I will support this horrible open borders betrayal of America,” Trump told a rowdy crowd of supporters at a rally in Las Vegas on Saturday, ahead of the state’s presidential caucus on Feb. 8. “I’ll fight it all the way. A lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they’re blaming it on me. I say, that’s okay. Please blame it on me. Please.”

and our Immigration court...EVERY judge has a 300 yr back log assigned to them right now.

We don't have enough Immigration Judges, Immigration Lawyers or COURT ROOMS to process these immigration cases.

We should be hiring 80,000 Immigration Lawyers and Judges and expanding court room access at the border instead of hiring IRS agents.

It is unrealistic to give an immigrant a court date and then have your judge with a 300 year back log. There IS a simple answer. Massively expand the immigration courts, relocate them to the border, expand the number of public immigration lawyers that can represent these immigrants and hire a bunch of judges so the back log is only 1-2 weeks.

THEN we close the borders, get caught up on ALL of the back Log. Then re-open the borders with the expectation that an immigrant shows up at the border, is taken into custody, they are assigned a Lawyer within a couple days while detained and get a court date and appearance within a week and then are either accepted and admitted or rejected and deported.

NO ONE wants to take this approach and fix the problem because there is No Political Advantage that can be gained from RESOLVING the issue. Both the GOP and the DEM parties get Positive political points with their base on the topic. Therefore they won't fix it, because then it is one less platform they can count on to drum up votes.

It is a side effect of NOT having term limits and people trying to remain in political power for decades upon decades. Without term limits the entire political game is about amassing wealth and power year after year and any lever you have that you can pull to get votes is a POWEFUL tool you don't ever want to be taken away......no resolving or fixing problems
Ohh look. the Border patrol is saying they need more Immigration Judges and Lawyers at the border to immediately handle all cases and remove the back log..... Checks his post from Sept 2023

I've been beating this drum for a long time now...bout time someone else is actually trying to solve the real problem.

Border Patrol: ‘Surge immigration judges to our border’​

(NewsNation) — A March 21 border riot in El Paso County, Texas, wasn’t the first of its kind but was the “most dramatic” National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd can remember, he told “The Hill.”

More than 200 people are facing state charges for allegedly forcing their way through a barrier of outnumbered Texas Army National Guard troops on Thursday, March 21, tearing down razor wire as they did so, NewsNation partner Border Report wrote.

A judge in Texas ordered some migrants accused of taking part in the riot to be released from jail on Sunday, the El Paso Times reported.

“It sends a message that you can cross our borders illegally, that you can actually assault people, and you’re going to be released,” Judd said.

Migrants without sufficient documentation will remain jailed if a federal immigration hold blocks their release, the newspaper wrote.

“All we have to do is surge immigration judges to our border,” Judd said. “Surge asylum officers to our border. Have those court appearances immediately upon crossing the border illegally.”

Texas GOP Gov. Greg Abbott earlier this year sent the National Guard to the region to keep migrants from reaching the U.S. border, and razor wire had been set up for that purpose as part of Texas’ Operation Lone Star.

Back