Big 12 Tournament Thread

Someone explain what I'm missing in Surbers match. Luke gets the reversal, they roll around but stay tied up across the edge of the mat, yet Buchanan is given an escape. But then they return to the center of the mat not neutral, but with Buchanan in the down position which he escapes from again to even the match? How does someone escape then end up back in the down position without surrendering a takedown?

Surber comes up short and loses 6-2 to Buchanan

Surber had reversal earlier in match but locked hands put him in desperation mode to try for late TD

Doucet just doesn't bring much if the other guy stronger. I will give him a little for the single to start the match. but how do you let the same guy ride you out again?

Someone explain what I'm missing in Surbers match. Luke gets the reversal, they roll around but stay tied up across the edge of the mat, yet Buchanan is given an escape. But then they return to the center of the mat not neutral, but with Buchanan in the down position which he escapes from again to even the match? How does someone escape then end up back in the down position without surrendering a takedown?

They called locked hands penalty, not escape

Back