2024 Presidential Election

@GOGETUMPOKE why are you laughing this off? Are you claiming he didn't say it? You don't care if he wants to weaken NATO and encourage Putin? Why do you think the concern about one of the major party candidates for president saying something so reckless is just laughable? Help me understand how we have gotten to the point where this is not only acceptable, you want to laugh at someone who doesn't like it.

@GOGETUMPOKE why are you laughing this off? Are you claiming he didn't say it? You don't care if he wants to weaken NATO and encourage Putin? Why do you think the concern about one of the major party candidates for president saying something so reckless is just laughable? Help me understand how we have gotten to the point where this is not only acceptable, you want to laugh at someone who doesn't like it.
Could just be a Russian troll farm employee spreading lies and hatred in order to widen the political dividide and subvert another election while promoting the most dangerously deluded individual in history as his personal candidate and savior.

Also... if we wouldn't defend a NATO country then we definitely won't defend Taiwan. So there's a lot less reason for China to worry about us helping Taiwan in the event of an invasion by China.

Think Russia invading Ukraine impacted world economy, wait until Taiwan is under attack from China (which has a put up a 2027 no layer than date to be ready for war with Taiwan) and the South China Sea is closed, Taiwan can no longer produce electronics and the world responds by closing off to China economically.

This statement is beyond stupid amd does nothing but add to destabilizing the entire world order.

I just find it humorous when everyone starts the sky screaming every single time Trump makes a statement like this. He’s not going to encourage Russia to attack anyone he just rightfully expects everyone else to start paying their fair share. Good grief.

I just find it humorous when everyone starts the sky screaming every single time Trump makes a statement like this. He’s not going to encourage Russia to attack anyone he just rightfully expects everyone else to start paying their fair share. Good grief.
So..... Donald Trump SAYS he is going to encourage Russia but we should NOT listen to his own words (the one that everyone supports for "keeping his promises") and should instead come to you so you can tell us which of his statements he is going try to do and which ones he is not going to do?

How exactly do you decide which of the things he says that he will do he will actually do? What he said fits completely with his longstanding love affair with Putin. It fits with how he operates. What people like you do is listen to him and pick what you like and ignore what you don't. That is delusional. This isn't sky-screaming. This is saying that every American should be fighting to stop this unstable person from being the next president because we can't know, based on his past actions and worsening, what craziness is real. In 2016, I would never have dreamed that he would have tried to destroy the election. Until he did just that.

If Biden said that he was going to outlaw gas car sales in the next five years, Republicans would be throwing an absolute fit. If I came along and said, "Nah, he isn't going to try to do that, he just rightfully wants to decrease pollution and increase EV usage" nobody on the right would just accept that. Good grief is right. Sorry, your position is absurdly ignorant.

Words matter in international politics. By saying you defend an Allie you take away the deterrent that the alliance creates. He has consistently defended and praised Putin, Xi, and Kim. This is not a one time thing, it's fully in character with every other action he's taken.

There's been a few of his past cabinet members that have said it was absolutely in his plan to exit NATO in his second term.
Source 1
Source 2

This is why congress passed and Biden signed a law that makes it harder for a president to pull us out and why Trump is making comments about not supporting Allies. It has the same effect as us leaving.

His statement today is just absolute off the rails bat 💩 bonkers. It needs to be discussed and explained how bad this will be on the average American on every oped. In every political talk show. It is one of the most dangerous things a candidate let alone a former president has ever uttered. On a 1-10 scale of Joe confusing Mexico and Egypt this is an 11.5.

One of the most often cited reasons for voting for Trump is he follows through on his promises.

If this becomes official US policy world markets will crash. Russia and Iran will dominate and threaten world energy markets.

I cannot believe this is just being ho hummed about.
Guys you need to look at the grain markets today. Russia has destroyed the wheat market with stolen Ukrainian grain. China has propped up the Brazilians and Argentinians with the price structure. Our dollar value is doing the rest.

The following is 2022 data of NATO countries military spending as a % of GDP w a few other select countries.

Albania-1.6
Belgium-1.2
Bulgaria-1.5
Canada-1.2
Croatia-2.2
Czechia-1.4
Denmark-1.4
Estonia-2.1
Finland-1.7
France-1.9
Germany-1.4
Greece-3.7
Hungary-1.5
Iceland-
Italy-1.7
Latvia-2.0
Lithuania-2.5
Luxembourg-0.7
Montenegro-1.6
Netherlands-1.6
North Macedonia-1.6
Norway-1.6
Poland-2.4
Portugal-1.4
Romania-1.7
Slovakia-1.8
Slovenia-1.2
Spain-1.5
Turkey-1.2
UK-2.2
US-3.5

Russia-4.1
China-1.6
Iran-2.6
Ukraine-33.5

The NATO avg wo the US is 1.65%. If you look at all but Canada and the US, the average NATO expenditure is 1.66% spent on Euopean defense.

The US spends 3.5% but that is going to be broken up Middle East, Europe, and Pacific. It would be interesting to see if you solely looked at US spending on Europe and I realize you probably can’t do that what our % would be.

But I would bet you are somewhere around 1.7-2 percent.

From my perspective discussions among NATO members in private need to include expectations on countries contributing. But to do what Trump did and call it justified is simple mindedness and shows either a complete willingness to stay stupid to bigger picture or you just don’t care what happens.

You cannot be America first and vote for a guy that says things like this.

So..... Donald Trump SAYS he is going to encourage Russia but we should NOT listen to his own words (the one that everyone supports for "keeping his promises") and should instead come to you so you can tell us which of his statements he is going try to do and which ones he is not going to do?

How exactly do you decide which of the things he says that he will do he will actually do? What he said fits completely with his longstanding love affair with Putin. It fits with how he operates. What people like you do is listen to him and pick what you like and ignore what you don't. That is delusional. This isn't sky-screaming. This is saying that every American should be fighting to stop this unstable person from being the next president because we can't know, based on his past actions and worsening, what craziness is real. In 2016, I would never have dreamed that he would have tried to destroy the election. Until he did just that.

If Biden said that he was going to outlaw gas car sales in the next five years, Republicans would be throwing an absolute fit. If I came along and said, "Nah, he isn't going to try to do that, he just rightfully wants to decrease pollution and increase EV usage" nobody on the right would just accept that. Good grief is right. Sorry, your position is absurdly ignorant.
It’s what politicians do. Do the other NATO nations need to pull their weight? Yes, they sure do and that is the point he is trying to make. Is Trump going to be allowed to encourage countries to attack the ones that don’t? Nope, regardless of what he says. I assume that you would be in the camp of “Trump lies all the time “ so why do you suddenly think he’s being truthful all of a sudden. I told my wife this morning that if she didn’t get moving I was going to go to church without her. She sped things up a little and we were early for church. We both knew that I wasn’t going without her. Trump shot his mouth off (which is like a Tuesday these days) and people in this thread have world markets crashing and WW3 at our doorstep. It’s ridiculous.

The following is 2022 data of NATO countries military spending as a % of GDP w a few other select countries.

Albania-1.6
Belgium-1.2
Bulgaria-1.5
Canada-1.2
Croatia-2.2
Czechia-1.4
Denmark-1.4
Estonia-2.1
Finland-1.7
France-1.9
Germany-1.4
Greece-3.7
Hungary-1.5
Iceland-
Italy-1.7
Latvia-2.0
Lithuania-2.5
Luxembourg-0.7
Montenegro-1.6
Netherlands-1.6
North Macedonia-1.6
Norway-1.6
Poland-2.4
Portugal-1.4
Romania-1.7
Slovakia-1.8
Slovenia-1.2
Spain-1.5
Turkey-1.2
UK-2.2
US-3.5

Russia-4.1
China-1.6
Iran-2.6
Ukraine-33.5

The NATO avg wo the US is 1.65%. If you look at all but Canada and the US, the average NATO expenditure is 1.66% spent on Euopean defense.

The US spends 3.5% but that is going to be broken up Middle East, Europe, and Pacific. It would be interesting to see if you solely looked at US spending on Europe and I realize you probably can’t do that what our % would be.

But I would bet you are somewhere around 1.7-2 percent.

From my perspective discussions among NATO members in private need to include expectations on countries contributing. But to do what Trump did and call it justified is simple mindedness and shows either a complete willingness to stay stupid to bigger picture or you just don’t care what happens.

You cannot be America first and vote for a guy that says things like this.
Think about who you are dealing with here and act accordingly.

Some folks have earned being summarily dismissed without engagement because you know you aren’t going to get anything other than the same old 💩.

It’s what politicians do. Do the other NATO nations need to pull their weight? Yes, they sure do and that is the point he is trying to make. Is Trump going to be allowed to encourage countries to attack the ones that don’t? Nope, regardless of what he says. I assume that you would be in the camp of “Trump lies all the time “ so why do you suddenly think he’s being truthful all of a sudden. I told my wife this morning that if she didn’t get moving I was going to go to church without her. She sped things up a little and we were early for church. We both knew that I wasn’t going without her. Trump shot his mouth off (which is like a Tuesday these days) and people in this thread have world markets crashing and WW3 at our doorstep. It’s ridiculous.
200 (2).gif

His statement today is just absolute off the rails bat 💩 bonkers. It needs to be discussed and explained how bad this will be on the average American on every oped. In every political talk show. It is one of the most dangerous things a candidate let alone a former president has ever uttered. On a 1-10 scale of Joe confusing Mexico and Egypt this is an 11.5.

One of the most often cited reasons for voting for Trump is he follows through on his promises.

If this becomes official US policy world markets will crash. Russia and Iran will dominate and threaten world energy markets.

I cannot believe this is just being ho hummed about.

Marco Rubio Has ‘Zero Concern’ That Trump Said He’d Urge Russia to Attack NATO Allies​

https://news.yahoo.com/marco-rubio-zero-concern-trump-160948091.html

Give an example. Show me another president or even front-running candidate who has said something like "I'll encourage Russia to attack a NATO country."

That is nonsense. It is not what politicians do. We have never had a president state that they would encourage our enemy to attack our allies. Ridiculous is trying to make that statement.

Back