Tulsa next Mayor will be a Democrat

No candidate got the required 50%, so top two go to a run off and both are Democrats
View attachment 6731
That’s a good thing. I voted for Karen Keith yesterday and will again in fall. I think she will win easily.
She has been extremely vocal about being non-partisan (veiled shots against Nichols and VanNorman). Her points, which I agree, is that the mayoral and other local positions need not be Dem or Rep.

Keith a has long record in Tulsa and I think she will be a great Mayor.

While campaigning at a church, Tulsa mayoral candidate Brent VanNorman said "we need to get back" to a time when all elected officials were Christians.

He also trashed LGBTQ people.

The election results are in: He lost to two (!!) Democrat's

While campaigning at a church, Tulsa mayoral candidate Brent VanNorman said "we need to get back" to a time when all elected officials were Christians.

He also trashed LGBTQ people.

The election results are in: He lost to two (!!) Democrat's

Is this the year that an OK county goes blue for the president?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

HIGHLY unlikely..that would take 80% of Dem Turn out and 80% of Ind voters to turn out AND to swing Dem if Republicans have a good turn out

But looking at those numbers and seeing that the Best a Republican could do in 2024 was finish 3rd. It should be a jolt to the State GOP...top two Dems get 40K votes and the highest finishing Republican gets 18k votes.

1724962876607.png

now Oklahoma County on the Other Hand. Trump only won that by 1.13% back in 2020 and A LOT has changed since then

1724963664078.png

Trump won Tulsa country by 16% back in 2020. Will be interesting to see how these counties change in 2024

1724963794598.png

now Oklahoma County on the Other Hand. Trump only won that by 1.13% back in 2020 and A LOT has changed since then

View attachment 6753

Trump won Tulsa country by 16% back in 2020. Will be interesting to see how these counties change in 2024

View attachment 6754
Interesting. As an OK county voter I have generally always voted 3rd party just to do a tiny part to recognize that we should not be stuck with only two parties. OTOH, this makes me wonder if I should vote Harris just to try to flip the county.

Decisions, decisions brought about by an antiquated voting system ripe for reform.

Back