School shooting ongoing in Georgia

Polds4OSU

Marshall
1000003007.png
BREAKING: Police have responded to an incident at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia, a city about 45 miles outside of Atlanta.

Additional information was not immediately available.

Trump responds to Hannity bringing up the school shooting in Georgia by saying, "it's a sick and angry world for a lot of reasons. And we're gonna make it better and we're gonna heal our world."

Trump then touts his endorsement from Orban.

Shooter had been interviewed by police over a year ago about online posts threatening a shooting. Why did he have access to a gun, moreless an assault rifle? Parents need to start serving time for every one of these cases. Force them to have better control of any weapons in the house.

Shooter had been interviewed by police over a year ago about online posts threatening a shooting. Why did he have access to a gun, moreless an assault rifle? Parents need to start serving time for every one of these cases. Force them to have better control of any weapons in the house.
Not all parents are the same. Some are single parents. Some have little to no resources. While at work, they have no control over their child. If we take that parent away, what happens to the other kids in the home? They’ll go into another system that could end in disaster.

Here’s a list of all mass shootings this year. Yes some are gangs. Some are random stuff. Lots of parties seem to go bad too.

There’s parents that raise their kids as nazis. There’s parents that teach their kids to be hard by beating them daily. There’s parents trapped in addiction.

I’d say we could at least follow a child’s file throughout primary and middle school to see who has a propensity for violence and try to do the humane thing and intervene with therapy and empathy.

But that won’t help the above if they’re home schooled or don’t regularly attend.

Side note. Does anyone else remember early 90’s cops shows, where someone is having a mental crisis and they called the fire department? It was SOP to get the 8ft ladder and pin the subject with it and then cuff them and to the hospital. I guess now it’s cheaper to send a police officer and some bullets.

Not all parents are the same. Some are single parents. Some have little to no resources. While at work, they have no control over their child. If we take that parent away, what happens to the other kids in the home? They’ll go into another system that could end in disaster.

Here’s a list of all mass shootings this year. Yes some are gangs. Some are random stuff. Lots of parties seem to go bad too.

There’s parents that raise their kids as nazis. There’s parents that teach their kids to be hard by beating them daily. There’s parents trapped in addiction.

I’d say we could at least follow a child’s file throughout primary and middle school to see who has a propensity for violence and try to do the humane thing and intervene with therapy and empathy.

But that won’t help the above if they’re home schooled or don’t regularly attend.

Side note. Does anyone else remember early 90’s cops shows, where someone is having a mental crisis and they called the fire department? It was SOP to get the 8ft ladder and pin the subject with it and then cuff them and to the hospital. I guess now it’s cheaper to send a police officer and some bullets.
A parent that maintains an assault rifle accessible to a minor after that minor has been interviewed by police for threatening a shooting needs to be held accountable.

Guns need to be locked up when the parent is not around, you have a right to own a firearm, you also have a duty for that weapon to not be used by your child to murder other kids in school.

I'm not talking about parents who had no knowledge or ability to control a situation (Gun given by friend or member of gang or whatever). I'm talking parents that maintain readily accessible weaponwhin their homes. Especially when their child(ren) have shown mental health issues or past violent or threstening interactions.

This is on par with the case where the school tried to send a child home because of mental issues, the parents had a new pistol accessible and refused to accept there was a problem. Then he killed 4 classmates.

Last edited:
My son, who is 6 and in 1st grade, had an active shooter drill last week. They were taught to run and hide. To not open the door unless there's a password used by an adult. What to do if they hear gunshots. What to do if they are shot.

I know it's necessary, but it's NOT ok. And anybody that normalizes it and thinks it's ok can jump off a cliff.

My son, who is 6 and in 1st grade, had an active shooter drill last week. They were taught to run and hide. To not open the door unless there's a password used by an adult. What to do if they hear gunshots. What to do if they are shot.

I know it's necessary, but it's NOT ok. And anybody that normalizes it and thinks it's ok can jump off a cliff.
Mine are 27 and 21. They did too. It sucks.

Agree completely. I have an 8yo 3rd grader and I can't imagine the pain those parents are going through. You send them to school to learn, not be shot.

They had a shooting near the school (not related to school) when he was in Kindergarten while at recess and school was put into lockdown. He's done lockdown drill I think each year.

Kids shouldn't be scared of being shot while at school. It's bad enough they have to worry about physical and online bullying now. Shootings shouldn't be a thing.

I would actually go one step further and generalize it from just parents and school shootings.

If your gun is used in a shooting and you don't file a report of it being stolen, you should be considered an accessory to crimes are committed using that gun.

Make people safeguard their firearms.

My wife is a victim of a school shooting in the mid 90's. while she wasn't hit or injured by the shooter, she fully carries the trauma each day of someone getting shot 2 classes away from where she was, jumping out of a window and having scars still where the shattered glass cut her and the chaos and madness that happened in the next few seconds and for MONTHS after.

Prior to our kids going to school, she shared with them her experience, What to expect, where to hide, how to get out, etc...everything she had learned about that day and things she has thought about for DECADES she would have done differently that day.

Watching your wife have this conversation with your 6 year olds as they leave for school for the first time is HEARTBREAKING, INFURIATING and SICKENING.

Back