House GOP moves to Re-name US coastal Exclusive Economic Zone waters after Trump

Polds4OSU

Marshall
A House GOP lawmaker is spearheading an effort to name the United States’ coastal waterways after former President Trump.

Rep. Greg Steube, R-Fla., is introducing a bill on Friday to rename the immediate waters surrounding the U.S., called the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), as the "Donald John Trump Exclusive Economic Zone of the United States."

If passed, it would mandate the name change on any applicable laws, maps, documents and other records.

An EEZ refers to waterways immediately off a country’s coast where it can claim sole rights for fishing, drilling and other activities.

The U.S. has the largest EEZ in the world at 4,383,000 square miles.

Steube told Fox News Digital that Trump "cares about the strength and resilience of our oceans."

"During his time in office, President Trump took several commendable actions for our oceans as part of his work to make America strong, secure, and economically prosperous," he said. "I’m honored to introduce legislation that will rename our coastal waters after President Trump and serve as a reminder of his many contributions to our nation for generations to come."

His Friday bill introduction lines up with the former president’s 78th birthday.

The legislation is unlikely to be taken up by the Democrat-controlled Senate, but it’s evidence of Trump’s enduring influence within the Republican Party.

Rep. Guy Reschenthaler, R-Pa., introduced a bill in April to rename Washington-Dulles International Airport to the Donald J. Trump International Airport.

A few days later, a group of Democrats responded with legislation to change the name of the federal prison in Miami to the Donald J. Trump Federal Correctional Institution.

Republicans might as well have the audacity to move to get Trump's face on the $1000 bill, since it's the only bill with a Democrat on it.
Dude is an undeniable narcissist and his followers worship him and heap gifts and words of praise upon him in hopes of his blessings

This isn't politics anymore...I don't what it is but it's not politics

• Agree
Reactions: PF5
Rome burns while these Neros from both parties fiddle.

I"m sick of this crap.

While I agree with you, maybe legislation that stupid keeps those dipshits from proposing more dangerous ideas. I firmly believe gridlock serves us better right now than their attempts at "serious" legislation.

The VA is in a hiring freeze right now because of budgets. When docs quit/leave etc, we can't hire and are cutting services. How many docs could be hired for the cost of replacing all the signage to rename waterways with the name of some narciscist who is plastered all over everything already?

Rome burns while these Neros from both parties fiddle.

I"m sick of this crap.
Oh, well, I'm not sick, but rather love that the only stretch of highway in America named "President Donald J. Trump Highway" is in one of the most desolated, remote and declining parts of Oklahoma and America. It is 20 miles of Highway 287 from Boise City southeast to Texas. What a fine honor to go to such a sorry character. Ha, ha. But probably Trump despises it, even though Boise City went for Trump by around 92%.

The VA is in a hiring freeze right now because of budgets. When docs quit/leave etc, we can't hire and are cutting services. How many docs could be hired for the cost of replacing all the signage to rename waterways with the name of some narciscist who is plastered all over everything already?
This guy apparently thinks renaming the waterways around the coast after Trump is a better use of taxpayer $$

This is the Congressman who is driving the bill
1718368235676.png

it´s sickening the way the gop is selling their souls to a man...one man...never thought I would see this happening, but it is...if this dude wins the election, we (Americans) are SSSCCCRRREEEWWWEEEDDD!!!

I'm just guessing here, but probably far less docs than they could have hired had we left the border closed. 😉

I'm just guessing here, but probably far less docs than they could have hired had we left the border closed. 😉
Closing the border is also an expense. Because it is such a big complex issue, trying to figure out cost savings vs money spent seems to depend on who you ask.

Renaming waterways is pretty cut and dry just a pointless expense.

Closing the border is also an expense. Because it is such a big complex issue, trying to figure out cost savings vs money spent seems to depend on who you ask.

Renaming waterways is pretty cut and dry just a pointless expense.
Agreed, and that's just one of many pointless expenses.
But closing the border would be a net gain IMO, and I'm not talking about ending legal immigration.

Agreed, and that's just one of many pointless expenses.
But closing the border would be a net gain IMO, and I'm not talking about ending legal immigration.
It wouldn't.

Until there is a pathway for a larger number of legal immigrants, or a larger number of people granted work visas, we are going to deal with this issue. There are very large economic incentives to immigrate and those are not going away soon. Our economy needs more workers for Frontline or manual positions and they are getting them from immigration. We would have significant worker shortages without it.

It wouldn't.

Until there is a pathway for a larger number of legal immigrants, or a larger number of people granted work visas, we are going to deal with this issue. There are very large economic incentives to immigrate and those are not going away soon. Our economy needs more workers for Frontline or manual positions and they are getting them from immigration. We would have significant worker shortages without it.
This doesn't hold true for 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants. Which I clearly stated. Sure we need immigration, but we aren't providing jobs for 12 million, we're just putting a strain on the economy.

Back