Gundy Prediction

I am no expert but I think gundy is going to retire after this season. Could be wrong but

I think this explains the poor adjustments and unwillingness to see improvements. Also, he is selling the big house that he custom made for recruiting. Also, I don’t think he enjoys the NIL era similar to nick saban.

The only thing that makes me question his retirement is that we haven’t heard or trained a successor. But neither did saban so we will see how it plays out.

Plus, he probably thought with all the returning players that he could go out with a bang but now it’s looking like a bad season to end. Also, this way he won’t have to clean house just let the new coach do it.

Either way, it will be interesting to see it how it goes.

As long as he can continues to have no pressure to actually preform and a lifetime contract he isn't going anywhere. He can continue to half ass it, make zero changes, and still get paid. As soon as administrator starts putting a little pressure on him or they don't blink when he threatens to take another job then he will be gone.

If he retired this year we would have a chance at Kinne or Traylor. We would have to fight Baylor but could get one of them.

As long as he can continues to have no pressure to actually preform and a lifetime contract he isn't going anywhere. He can continue to half ass it, make zero changes, and still get paid. As soon as administrator starts putting a little pressure on him or they don't blink when he threatens to take another job then he will be gone.
I agree with almost all of this except taking another job. I don't think he's serious enough of a competitor or obsessed with football to the point he'd want another job, especially not in the new landscape of CFB. His previous efforts were for leverage, but were likely bluffs. I don't think he would have taken any of them.

My bet is he's more likely to retire than go to another school. He likes hunting and fishing and relaxing too much to keep churning as a coach.

Ask yourself, if you had a job making nearly $8 million/year with zero pressure to produce results to justify that kind of salary, would you willingly walk away from it?
Especially when you can pay your huntin' and fishin' buddies $1,000,000/yr with similarly low expectations for performance. He has less than zero incentive to change anything.

Back