Elon Musk stepping down as Twitter CEO

Polds4OSU

Sheriff
Patreon Supporter
Elon will assume the titles of Twitter's chief technical officer and executive chair

On Thursday, Twitter CEO Elon Musk said he had appointed someone to take over from him as CEO, and it didn't take long for that person's identity to be confirmed. Less than a day later, Musk confirmed that NBCUniversal's head of ad sales Linda Yaccarino is taking on the job. Yaccarino is expected to start her new role in around six weeks.

Yaccarino "will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design and new technology," Musk wrote. "Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app."

One of Musk's first actions was to fire 75% of X staff

He announced today they will immediately hire 100 new moderators after this unfolded this week

1000001066.png

I wonder if his stepping down is mostly for appearances/Tesla shareholders. Pretty sure his ego is way too big to actually relinquish control.

I wonder if his stepping down is mostly for appearances/Tesla shareholders. Pretty sure his ego is way too big to actually relinquish control.
It absolutely is.

Do you have any doubt as to who is dictating what happens on X and how it is run?

I certainly don't.

Back