Coach Tuberville

He is legit going to try to bypass his own blockade to get one Marine promoted

But I thought he was holding his ground in protest of the military paying for abortion tourism? Back when I was in, the Marines were definitely part of the military so how is this still making his point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I thought he was holding his ground in protest of the military paying for abortion tourism? Back when I was in, the Marines were definitely part of the military so how is this still making his point?

1695391993121.png

Gutless Republicans should have clobbered this idiot a long time ago. Republicans can no longer proclaim their superiority when it comes to the military. He’s greatly reducing our military’s readiness, and directly hurting military families. I’m sure our enemies love knowing we have soldiers waiting around for promotions. Tuberville in no patriot! He even voted to overturn the election. He violated his oath of office. In my opinion he’s a grade A, first class, hypocritical POS.

Gutless Republicans should have clobbered this idiot a long time ago. Republicans can no longer proclaim their superiority when it comes to the military. He’s greatly reducing our military’s readiness, and directly hurting military families. I’m sure our enemies love knowing we have soldiers waiting around for promotions. Tuberville in no patriot! He even voted to overturn the election. He violated his oath of office. In my opinion he’s a grade A, first class, hypocritical POS.
That's been the GOP with the military for a while now. They give lip service to the troops but as soon as they have a chance to actually help them they balk. Their Messiah said that Americans that died in war were losers and suckers.

That's been the GOP with the military for a while now. They give lip service to the troops but as soon as they have a chance to actually help them they balk. Their Messiah said that Americans that died in war were losers and suckers.
Apparently it’s not too hard to fool the clueless and gullible.

Because their benefactors were all private school students. Also, if they take dollars away from public schools to move their students into private schools it’s basically a huge cost savings. Betsy Devos, Koch, and the Greens are willing to spend money in order to support private schools. They do not want their tax dollars going to the unclean masses.

Trump loves the uneducated. So take money away, and leave them dumber.

Sen. Tommy Tuberville says U.S. military not an ‘equal opportunity employer’

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, an Alabama Republican and former football coach, said that the U.S. military is "not an equal opportunity employer."

However, The military IS an equal-opportunity employer, and the Pentagon even has an "Office of Equal Employment Opportunity."

Tuberville made his comment as he explained why he was among a minority of senators last week who voted against confirming Air Force Gen. Charles "CQ" Brown Jr. as Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman.

The military began desegregating in 1948.

Tuberville blocked the confirmation of hundreds of military nominees earlier this year over objections to the Pentagon's abortion policy.

The fact that his office still refers to him as Coach Tommy Tuberville when referencing him on social media just reeks of charlatanism to me. It’s not a protected title Tommy, you’re not a doctor, it’s just a job you used to have!

Sorry, just a peeve. It also bugs me when people casually call MG Coach, “Coach said”, or “Gotta support Coach”…. If he didn’t actively coach you in something then cut that sh!t out! Descriptive is fine, casual notsomuch.

Blaming a heart attack on not confirming promotions may be the most political stupid comment I have seen this year…outside of just about everything MTG and Tlaib say.

Blaming a heart attack on not confirming promotions may be the most political stupid comment I have seen this year…outside of just about everything MTG and Tlaib say.
Very true, but the event did prompt this..which may end this whole political grandstanding BS for both sides and start supporting our military and their families again

In a reversal, Schumer says he will move forward to confirm hundreds military promotions previously held up by Tuberville

Very true, but the event did prompt this..which may end this whole political grandstanding BS for both sides and start supporting our military and their families again

In a reversal, Schumer says he will move forward to confirm hundreds military promotions previously held up by Tuberville

Haha! I believe Tuberville is one of the dumbest guys in the entire Congress, with or without this whole issue. That said, if Schumer has had this ability to go around Tuberville (an end run around Coach, if you will) but has chosen not to, he is about 90% as culpable as Tuberville, IMO. It shows Schumer was more interested in political gain than in keeping the military whole. Even worse, Tuberville will claim he made a righteous moral stand, no matter how idiotic he looked (and is).

Tuberville may be the face of the vote block, but many in the GOP support it. Tuberville is from a solid-red state and standing up against a brand-new liberal abortion and leave policy, the Biden Administration created as a response to RoevWade decision, works well for him politically. And the White House standing firm and not dropping the new policy works well for them politically.

I doubt Dems have any intention of changing the rules because they view the stalemate and the media generated as tailwinds to the ‘24 election. It helps Tuberville in his state, but it also helps Biden with his core..plus it probably gives him an all-important lift in battleground states.
In other words, all of the "support the military" talk is exactly what those of us who served know it often is, pure lip-service. They will harm readiness and hurt individual servicemen all for pointless politics.

Why having any reporters asked Tuberville, "If leaving these military leadership positions empty is not harming military readiness, why does the taxpayer have to fund those positions ever?"

I don’t know if this is even in the thought process but Dem leaders have gone against long held Senste traditions before on judicial nominations and the Rs have used that to their advantage. I think this is the same thinking in both sides. Ds blink and do work around and then Rs use that strategy in an unrelated area and point to this as precedent.

I don’t know if this is even in the thought process but Dem leaders have gone against long held Senste traditions before on judicial nominations and the Rs have used that to their advantage. I think this is the same thinking in both sides. Ds blink and do work around and then Rs use that strategy in an unrelated area and point to this as precedent.
I think you’re giving both parties too much credit.

Back