Alcohol, bummer.

Drinking isn’t any worse than gluten free or non gmo. Both are highly manipulated foods

I’m not saying it’s worse than alcohol. I’m saying it’s worse than regular food

That is exactly what you said (or at least equally bad). Then, when questioned how you came up with it you tell the person questioning it to go provide your proof.

You can have an opinion and if questioned just say "It's my opinion." But, if you are going to make a factual claim, it is pure crap to tell the other person to prove your claim and then deny the written English that you said isn't what you said.

Finally, if it is "not a secret" then you should very easily be able to provide what he asked.

You have hit the trifecta of internet misinformation.

I think being too lazy to exercise every day does more harm to my health than being a light to moderate drinker.
That’s kinda what the initial report indicates. If you’re a light drinker, then it seems there are only moderate benefits to eliminating your alcohol consumption. Heavier drinkers see a greater benefit to reducing their intake though.

Meanwhile, a healthy diet and exercise would benefit anyone who is letting those factors slide. Alcohol does factor into nutrition as it affects how you metabolize nutrients and it negatively impacts hydration.

So, as I’ve put more emphasis on my nutrition and exercise, I’m watching my alcohol consumption to make sure it doesn’t offset my other efforts.

@steross hasn't coffee gone through a similar announcement several years ago?
No, in fact, the opposite. Except in certain situations (uncontrolled hypertension, atrial fibrillation etc) coffee is actually associated with better health outcomes. Of course, the ideal is black coffee and there is no way a 1200 cal mocha whip cream a-chino is healthy but that isn't really coffee. Especially for the liver, coffee is quite protective. If you are someone that drinks a lot of alcohol, drinking a couple of cups of coffee per day is a really good idea.

Last edited:
No, in fact, the opposite. Except in certain situations (uncontrolled hypertension, atrial fibrillation etc) coffee is actually associated with better health outcomes. Of course, the ideal is black coffee and there is no way a 1200 cal mocha whip cream a-chino is healthy but that isn't really coffee. Especially for the liver, coffee is quite protective. If you are someone that drinks a lot of alcohol, drinking a couple of cups of coffee per day is a really good idea.

Finally...good news!!!

Gluten free and cardiovascular disease - Looked it up because the kerfuffle earlier made me curious.

Back