"Sleepers" of the 2023 Class

OrangeFanatic2

First off, thanks to all of you who created this site! It was a rough stretch without OP.com!

Ok, so I wanted to start a discussion on who everyone thinks is the sleeper of the class on both O and D.

Defense: Ike Esonwune, LB from Manor, TX. He was previously committed to Tulsa. I think this kid can flat out play! Watching his film, he is very athletic and rangy. He is listed at 6'1" but on film he looks 6'2"-6'3". The most impressive thing I noticed watching his tape was how many different positions they played him at on D. He played some snaps at OLB, edge rusher, Mike and some safety! He's very versatile, I could see him playing multiple different spots in the new scheme we're going to on D. Very excited about this kid!

Offense: Jalen Pope, WR from Aledo, TX. Jalen falls in that category (IMO) of solid HS athletes that are negatively impacted by the transfer portal. If the portal wasn't an option today, I bet this kid would've had multiple P5 offers. Not saying Bama, Ohio State, USC, etc.. but I do think schools like Tech, Baylor, Arkansas, Nebraska would've been options for him. He's played very well at the highest level of football in Texas. Good route runner with solid hands and good fluid movement. I think he'll make an impact here at some point in his career.

On defense I think it is clearly Tywon Wray. They guy already shows skills comparable to an NFL DB on film. He was a real steal out of Georgia as he flew under the radar. He transferred in from Detroit and those SEC schools missed him.

On offense I agree that it is Pope.

On defense I think it is clearly Tywon Wray. They guy already shows skills comparable to an NFL DB on film. He was a real steal out of Georgia as he flew under the radar. He transferred in from Detroit and those SEC schools missed him.

this

Yeah I think he’s a great get!

Back