Interview with Coach Gundy

Time to find some incriminating videos or photos of Gundy, I suppose. Would the OAN shirt "fiasco" be enough justification by chance? Maybe he read a naughty word off a players' iPad at some point?

Last edited:
“I don’t think we have majors,” Gundy said Monday of OSU’s problems. “I’m just being honest. What we did out there Saturday was ugly. I’m not saying anything other than that. But I’m saying, I don’t see it as a major issue.

“When I watched the tape, I felt a lot better than I did when I went home, let’s put it that way. I think everything we’re doing, we can improve in enough to play and compete and give ourselves a chance to win games.”

yo8lu6h1bmpm.gif

South Alabama linebacker Trey Kiser said he realized early that the Jaguars would win.

“Probably say the second or third series when they couldn’t even pass the 50-yard line,” Kiser said. “It was ridiculous seeing our defense. The plays we saw in practice we saw tonight, and it was like slow motion when they ran them.”

We were mediocre in 2021?

We were good in 2021 and 2011. But is this because of Gundy or because we had good coordinators? In 2011, we had Monken as the OC and Bill Self [edit: Bill Young, of course] as the DC. In 2021, we had Jim Knowles as the DC.

I don't think these two seasons prove that Gundy is a good coach. I think these prove that when we have actual good coaches on staff, the Pokes can be very, very successful.

Last edited:
South Alabama linebacker Trey Kiser said he realized early that the Jaguars would win.

“Probably say the second or third series when they couldn’t even pass the 50-yard line,” Kiser said. “It was ridiculous seeing our defense. The plays we saw in practice we saw tonight, and it was like slow motion when they ran them.”
Exactly what many of us have observed and stated over and over again. We run an extremely limited set of plays that are easily defeated unless you have superior athletes at a few skill positions (we seem to have none of those right now, which is a problem on its own).

Exactly what many of us have observed and stated over and over again. We run an extremely limited set of plays that are easily defeated unless you have superior athletes at a few skill positions (we seem to have none of those right now, which is a problem on its own).
We have a 4 play book and 1 play rarely if ever produces positive yards. The sideline pass which takes 40 years to develop and no WR block so it’s an automatic no gain.
It’s the equivalent of running Simmons up the middle.

I am not sure tyreek hill could get 2-3 yards with the pathetic sideline pass

We have a 4 play book and 1 play rarely if ever produces positive yards. The sideline pass which takes 40 years to develop and no WR block so it’s an automatic no gain.
It’s the equivalent of running Simmons up the middle.

I am not sure tyreek hill could get 2-3 yards with the pathetic sideline pass
Gundy believes that play is useful, and is intended to wear out the opposing D-linemen early in the game so they can break big plays later or start gashing them in the running game after they're tired. That's what he said like 10 years ago, and hasn't stopped doing it since then. Its just as silly as throwing deep fades down the sidelines hoping for a PI call. Its a gimmick that might "work", but certainly not something you should make integral to your entire offensive scheme like we do. It gives you zero chance to out-play a team with better athletes for one thing, and teams can adapt to it after a while (such as a decade).

NFL teams are adapting after each play. Gundy hasn't adapted in 10 years. He's a relic at this point. He needs to adapt or leave.

Absolute beta AD.
Weiberg is who I am curious about. He seems to have more of a fundraising background. Anyway, does he have what it takes to make the tough calls it takes to produce a strong athletic department? There are several of our sports programs that need a change in direction at a time when we most need to show strength. Without a strong AD, we are toast.

Weiberg is who I am curious about. He seems to have more of a fundraising background. Anyway, does he have what it takes to make the tough calls it takes to produce a strong athletic department? There are several of our sports programs that need a change in direction at a time when we most need to show strength. Without a strong AD, we are toast.
I think for the average program the AD is as strong as the support they receive from the core donor base.

"Gundy’s salary will increase by $125,000 each year that he remains under contract beginning on Jan. 1, 2022, and continue until the termination of the contract, which is a perpetual, rolling five-year agreement — meaning a year is added to the contract at the completion of each year."

I’m guessing that means OSU (or Gundy for that matter) can start the clock on it if they want to and it becomes a 5 year contract. I can’t believe OSU’s attorneys would allow them to sign that. The pitfalls are so obvious.

I’m guessing that means OSU (or Gundy for that matter) can start the clock on it if they want to and it becomes a 5 year contract. I can’t believe OSU’s attorneys would allow them to sign that. The pitfalls are so obvious.
At least we didn't get into a contract like Michigan St, LSU, and Texas A&M. Gotta find a way to make it feel good.

He certainly doesn't have the stones to get Gundy in line.

He did the three an system to get a default to his son. It’s gutless, and I don’t think I’m a full blown Gundy hater. This is really disappointing. The net effect Saturday night was Bowman getting booed. That should not happen.

Gunnar’s a pretty solid QB, and could be better than good if he actually got a chance to manage a few games and get a real chance to grow into the job. Don’t know what’s going on with MG , but I don’t think this fiasco is a back door for his kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back