Formula 1

Can’t see didly as far as any details. Why bother releasing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People like the livery’s and I like seeing the difference between what’s announced, what shows up for testing and what shows up week 1.

Really curious to see what happens this coming weekend with qualifying to see where everyone is at. If Merc isn’t back in the mix, I think they will be by the European swing with their development program. Some body work upgrades coming in the first 6 races.

It’s going to be really interesting to see what happens as the cars develop. I think Mercedes can catch RedBull by Miami or Imola.
710C7F27-DF03-4635-A575-04A6F4AF7FF8.jpeg
DE4AC8A3-F1D6-480A-BEC3-DF78B2926329.jpeg

Aston Martin looks fast in Bahrain, still curious who is sand bagging and hasn’t turned the engine up. Merc looked balanced and fast in FP3 and looked like Lewis was hiding pace. We’ll find out in two hours!

Hopefully we don’t see Merc and Ferrari too far off the pace. Merc’s in season development will be really good to watch as that’s their best team trait.

Ferrari/Mercedes/Aston Martin will be a fun battle for 2nd in constructors
Interesting race with lots of potential for the upcoming season.
Can Ferrari find some pace, limit mistakes (under new TP), and improve reliability?
Will Mercedes develop from their current pace (they look better already relative to last season's opener)?
Is Aston Martin capable of these results across a 23-race season?
Can anyone put legit pressure on RB?
What will actually happen beyond the top 4 teams (assuming AM is one of them)? Lots of potential battles in the midfield coming up, I think!

McLaren is just... TBH after watching the latest season of DTS, I kinda don't like them or Piastri. Norris pretty much matched the pace of the Merc and AM for long stints, so I'm guessing they'll be in the midfield once they sort out the reliability issues. Probably the biggest wildcard team.

Rookies did well, though we didn't see much from Piastri.

Last edited:
Mercedes hired former RedBull COO Jayne Poole. Mercedes has had a new body shape in the works and a ton of upgrades coming for Imola and Baku. I think we’ll see a side pod Merc in a few races with a lot of added downforce so they can compete in the fast corners. The podless concept just isn’t generating enough downforce. I’m excited to see the W14B

#F1: It’s now being reported that the current W14 is a hybrid between the W13 and the project that will be brought to the track at the end of April.

The current car is a W14 prototype, mechanically corrected, with no porpoising bottoming and no drag”
From one of the better sources of Mercedes news and information. There had been a lot of rumors prior to testing that another concept was coming for them a few weeks into the year, this would corroborate that.

#F1: It’s now being reported that the current W14 is a hybrid between the W13 and the project that will be brought to the track at the end of April.

The current car is a W14 prototype, mechanically corrected, with no porpoising bottoming and no drag”
From one of the better sources of Mercedes news and information. There had been a lot of rumors prior to testing that another concept was coming for them a few weeks into the year, this would corroborate that.
Makes sense in light of some of Hamilton's comments during testing and the first race. His attitude has been pretty chill / confident. It'll certainly help this season from an entertainment perspective if they can come out swinging soon. I am not a huge Merc fan, but do respect them.

It would be super cool to see a 4-way fight for regular podiums this season and at least a 2-way fight for wins.

Makes sense in light of some of Hamilton's comments during testing and the first race. His attitude has been pretty chill / confident. It'll certainly help this season from an entertainment perspective if they can come out swinging soon. I am not a huge Merc fan, but do respect them.

It would be super cool to see a 4-way fight for regular podiums this season and at least a 2-way fight for wins.
It’s a two way fight for wins between Max and Checo. RedBull might win 23 races if it can avoid a double DNF

Interesting to see Merc’s completely new package at Imola after finding success this weekend. May have just been from tires working better for them at this track.

Interesting to see Merc’s completely new package at Imola after finding success this weekend. May have just been from tires working better for them at this track.
All I've seen are quotes from Wolff stating they won't bring such upgrades. Where are you seeing that they have a totally new package already?

All I've seen are quotes from Wolff stating they won't bring such upgrades. Where are you seeing that they have a totally new package already?
Pretty much all F1 Insiders and Merc Insiders as well as a lot of mainstream British Motorsport media.

Their version of ESPN:

Back