Active Shooting Lewiston Maine

Mass shootings have become just as American as apple pie starting with the Texas Tower Massacre in 1966. I don't see mass shootings diminishing until the 2nd Amendment is repealed or changed in some way, which is highly doubtful. I don't see an incident even worse than the Las Vegas one as able to change things. Because of the 2nd Amendment, a number of states, including Oklahoma, can't do so much as pass Red Flag laws. 2nd Amendment supporters would probably just tell you that mentally ill people making threats are more prone to attracting harmful violence and need their guns to protect themselves.

It's still regarded as an utter disgrace to be mentally ill, so we can't do much about mental health care, either. Instead, it's far more important to concentrate on getting gender affirming treatment for minors banned from state to state. But minors affected are still left with what some doctors feel is a serious mental disorder, which may lead to suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: PF5
Good news: help is on the way...lots of 'thoughts and prayers' coming...seems to be helping...
1698414096648.png

Mass shootings have become just as American as apple pie starting with the Texas Tower Massacre in 1966. I don't see mass shootings diminishing until the 2nd Amendment is repealed or changed in some way, which is highly doubtful. I don't see an incident even worse than the Las Vegas one as able to change things. Because of the 2nd Amendment, a number of states, including Oklahoma, can't do so much as pass Red Flag laws. 2nd Amendment supporters would probably just tell you that mentally ill people making threats are more prone to attracting harmful violence and need their guns to protect themselves.

It's still regarded as an utter disgrace to be mentally ill, so we can't do much about mental health care, either. Instead, it's far more important to concentrate on getting gender affirming treatment for minors banned from state to state. But minors affected are still left with what some doctors feel is a serious mental disorder, which may lead to suicide.
If two separate elementary schools getting shot up didn't change anything, then there really isn't any hope that this is ever going to get better.

It's just more Americans giving the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect the 2nd Amendment.

They have been trying to pray the gay away for years. How is that working out for them? Is it too much to ask for our legislature to, I don't know, legislate?
Not only do they have no solutions, they don't WANT solutions. They couldn't care less.

And "just pray" is the perfect answer. If somehow shootings stop (LOL), look the prayer worked! If they keep going "just pray harder (oh and probably should donate some $$$ to the church as well)". Eff them.

Back