Active Shooting Lewiston Maine

Seems he was using his full auto military issue M4
This was no normal everyday run if the mill firearm that just anyone could purchase
1000000367.png

Maine does not have highly restrictive gun laws, yet this happens anyway.
This not a gun law issue... national guard firearms instructor who had been having severe schizophrenia episodes and issues for months , threatened to shoot up the armory and hey sent him to the hospital and he was undergoing treatment for hearing voices

Horrible situation, especially with that POS still at large. I can't imagine living anywhere in Maine, or surrounding states, and not being terrified right now.

This is America. Mass shooting, politicization, nothing happens. Rinse and effing repeat.

We can add bowling alleys to the ever-growing list now.

Maine towns are locked down and search is on for shooter who killed at least 16 people and escaped apnews

*Ten-year-old Zoey Levesque, who was there with her mother, told WMTW-TV she was grazed by a bullet.

“It’s scary,” she said. “I had never thought I’d grow up and get a bullet in my leg. And it’s just like, why? Why do people do this?

*“In a split second your world gets turn upside down for no good reason,” the business posted online, saying “great people in this community” were lost.

*It’s the 36th mass killing in the United States this year, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University.

Maine doesn’t require permits to carry guns, and the state has a longstanding culture of gun ownership that is tied to its traditions of hunting and sport shooting.

Some recent attempts by gun control advocates to tighten the state’s gun laws have failed. Proposals to require background checks for private gun sales and create a 72-hour waiting period for gun purchases failed earlier this year. Proposals that focused on school security and banning bump stocks failed in 2019.

State residents have also voted down some attempts to tighten gun laws in Maine. A proposal to require background checks for gun sales failed in a 2016 public vote.

Horrible situation, especially with that POS still at large. I can't imagine living anywhere in Maine, or surrounding states, and not being terrified right now.

This is America. Mass shooting, politicization, nothing happens. Rinse and effing repeat.

We can add bowling alleys to the ever-growing list now.
Thoughts and prayers

Maine towns are locked down and search is on for shooter who killed at least 16 people and escaped apnews

*Ten-year-old Zoey Levesque, who was there with her mother, told WMTW-TV she was grazed by a bullet.

“It’s scary,” she said. “I had never thought I’d grow up and get a bullet in my leg. And it’s just like, why? Why do people do this?

*“In a split second your world gets turn upside down for no good reason,” the business posted online, saying “great people in this community” were lost.

*It’s the 36th mass killing in the United States this year, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University.

Maine doesn’t require permits to carry guns, and the state has a longstanding culture of gun ownership that is tied to its traditions of hunting and sport shooting.

Some recent attempts by gun control advocates to tighten the state’s gun laws have failed. Proposals to require background checks for private gun sales and create a 72-hour waiting period for gun purchases failed earlier this year. Proposals that focused on school security and banning bump stocks failed in 2019.

State residents have also voted down some attempts to tighten gun laws in Maine. A proposal to require background checks for gun sales failed in a 2016 public vote.
He’s a frickin firearms instructor for the National Guard, of course he had access to automatic weapons.

He’s a frickin firearms instructor for the National Guard, of course he had access to automatic weapons.
Yes, which should have been revoked once he developed schizophrenia and threatened to shoot up the base. Its wild that his superiors were this negligent.

I'm going to repeat it: we have a major issue with mental health in our country and should have: 1) Universal mental health care; 2) Institutional Mental Health Care 3) Red flag laws in place to cover this sort of thing.

He shouldn’t have after the reserves called the police on him last summer. This event combines with the church shooting in Texas a few years ago makes the military look really bad the way they handled these situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, which should have been revoked once he developed schizophrenia and threatened to shoot up the base. Its wild that his superiors were this negligent.

I'm going to repeat it: we have a major issue with mental health in our country and should have: 1) Universal mental health care; 2) Institutional Mental Health Care 3) Red flag laws in place to cover this sort of thing.
The number of mentally scarred people in our country is frightening. People just don’t understand how awful it really is. Homelessness is growing and the modification of laws by the courts has made it progressively worse

I don't disagree with any of these 3, though I'm concerned with how they're implemented/paid for. That said, I'm a huge proponent of #2, institutional mental health care. My wife was an ER nurse in a mid-sized hospital at one time, an the number of people they saw with mental issues was astonishing. Many were brought in by law enforcement, many by relatives; however, if they weren't an immediate danger to themselves or others there was very little the hospital could do with them (and 'immediate' had a very narrow definition). At best they could send them to a facility in Wagoner for 72 hours, and even that was often unavailable. We desperately need such facilities, both short term for those truly in immediate danger, and longer term facilities that might be help reduce the number of mentally ill living on the streets.

I don't disagree with any of these 3, though I'm concerned with how they're implemented/paid for. That said, I'm a huge proponent of #2, institutional mental health care. My wife was an ER nurse in a mid-sized hospital at one time, an the number of people they saw with mental issues was astonishing. Many were brought in by law enforcement, many by relatives; however, if they weren't an immediate danger to themselves or others there was very little the hospital could do with them (and 'immediate' had a very narrow definition). At best they could send them to a facility in Wagoner for 72 hours, and even that was often unavailable. We desperately need such facilities, both short term for those truly in immediate danger, and longer term facilities that might be help reduce the number of mentally ill living on the streets.
I agree, it is all how we pay for it. I used to be against Institutional Mental Heathcare based on our nation's history with it, however, we have a homelessness epidemic and a ton of severely mentally ill people. One of my childhood friends developed schizophrenia in adulthood and it has been brutal watching him and trying to help him grapple with it. To this day, he insists that there is nothing wrong and cannot hold a job, has withdrawn from all friends and most family and will not take medication for it, outside of when he has gotten arrested for various things and is forced to take medication in jail. Once he gets out, he stops taking the medications and things go back to an awful state.

Institutional mental health care would certainly help him, and also reduce the threat of him committing violent acts towards others while psychotic.

The number of mentally scarred people with access to firearms in our country is frightening. People just don’t understand how awful it really is. Homelessness is growing and the modification of laws by the courts has made it progressively worse
Updated it just a hair

Reactions: PF5
Back