2023 Survival Pool Week 1

LS1 Z28

The college football season is upon us once again! That means it's time for another survival pool. Luckily I saved the official rules and they weren't lost forever when orangepower.com went down.

Sorry I didn't get this posted prior to the games this past weekend. Good luck, and Go Pokes!

OFFICIAL RULES:
1) Pick one college FBS team per week.
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out.
5) You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
6) If you don't pick you're out.
7) If you wait too long, and SATURDAY games have kicked off you're OUT. (All picks must be posted before 11:00 AM CT - see rule 8 for exceptions)
8) If you pick teams that play prior to Saturday those picks have to be made before that game kicks off
9) Last player standing wins.
10) Picks must be posted in that week’s thread.
12) PICKS WILL CONTINUE INTO CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK IF UNDEFEATED TEAMS STILL REMAIN AND SURVIVORS REMAIN.
13) If you can’t make a pick in any given week you are out.
14) You CAN NOT PM your picks.
15) You CAN NOT create a new thread to post your pick.
16) Managing your picks is part of the game. I will not tell you who you have picked.
17) Each succeeding week post your pick for that week as well as those of your previous picks.
18) As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
19) If you change a pick, don’t make a change in the original post just make a new post.
20) Be very clear who your pick is. If your pick can't be distinguished between two or more teams (example OSU) then you get each of them for that week. Either one of them losses, you're out!
21) With your pick post a prediction for the total number of points scored in that game. This will serve as the tiebreaker at the end of the game if needed.
22) If your pick has their game cancelled, you automatically advance to the next week. You won't be allowed to pick the same team in future weeks. Any picks falling into this category must be picked prior to the announcement of the cancellation of the game.
23) If a player makes an invalid pick, they must change their pick prior to kickoff or they are out. (Invalid picks are teams that aren't undefeated, or teams that a player has picked in a previous week.)

Last edited:
Note: Rule #7 is suspended temporarily for week 1 since there are games on Sunday and Monday. You don't have to have your picks in by 11am Saturday, you just have to have them in prior to kickoff of the game you're picking.

Back