2023 College Baseball Showdown

Beating misery? Ok all good. The loss to Vandy? Starting a true freshman in his first appearance but having a legit chance still to win it? Ok can work with that, some positives. Today? Starting Bayden Root despite his every trip to the mound as a Cowboy save maybe one being a complete disaster? Pathetic. Early in the season we have several key guys still out, far from saying fire Walton yet. But I'll fast be in that camp if Root makes more than 1 other appearance this season thats anything short of perfect. He's had several years to figure it out and it's pretty clear he ain't got it. Sorry kid, but ride the pine.

We’ll, Top Ten we’ll miss you. In reality we had no business being anywhere near you, but it was fun while it lasted for a game.

It appears that our supposedly vaunted pitching is woefully inadequate this year. Could be a long year if decent teams are going to be scoring double digits on us every game.

This better turn out to be some sort of horrible anomaly or there’s gonna be some heat on Josh’s seat. You don’t build somebody a $75 million stadium only to get run ruled 18–1.

I'm glad they play again on Tuesday. Although, Cal-Baptist just took two of three from OU, so that's not a layup. And who will pitch?

OSU only hit .220 this weekend and struck out THIRTY NINE times in three games. The pitching staff has a 10.13 ERA.
The whole season is ahead, so things will have to get better.

There are still some tough games in the non-con, but what we saw this weekend won't be seen for a while. Which is good, if you ask me. Sometimes its good to get your young/newly meshing team some confidence so they can be ready for the big challenges in April and May. I'm not saying play only cupcakes, but sometimes we play such a brutal schedule, some guys never seem to get going and in a rhythm.

There's fours game this week, so plenty of opportunity to put this in the rearview mirror.

Back