2022-2023 Portal Thread

GratefulPoke

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon Supporter
Looks like former 4 star Texas WR is considering us as his transfer destination.

We were in his top 2 before he picked Texas the year before last.

We are currently full on schollys right now, but maybe we plan on a couple transfers in the spring window.

Last edited:
Looks like former 4 star Texas WR is considering us as his transfer destination.

We were in his top 2 before he picked Texas the year before last.

We are currently full on schollys right now, but maybe we plan on a couple transfers in the spring window.
You'd almost have to assume someone doesn't like how their role looks after spring practice and portals...

Good luck big Caleb! I think he'll do well for someone next year but was destined to lose his spot here. Hopefully it works out best for everyone.

He already lost his spot here and might have even been relegated to third string.
I thought he might try to move to RT where Ole Jake Springfield keeps getting doubted every off-season and ends up earning a starting spot every year. Dude is a warrior.

I'm really looking forward to watching O-linemen and Fullbacks smash people like it's 1987.

Looks like they have moved Birmingham out to tackle so that makes losing Etienne even less of an issue.
Birmingham projects more as a guard to me but he was solid at tackle as well. Good to have guys like him and Wilson that can swing around.

I was hoping we would have seen a:

Dalton Cooper LT, Birmingham LG, Wilson C, Brooks RG, Springfield (or anyone who earns it) at RT

Interesting that Wilson is working at Guard. I thought he would be our best option at Center, but maybe Michalski and Kaweci are going to be able to hold it down.

Birmingham projects more as a guard to me but he was solid at tackle as well. Good to have guys like him and Wilson that can swing around.

I was hoping we would have seen a:

Dalton Cooper LT, Birmingham LG, Wilson C, Brooks RG, Springfield (or anyone who earns it) at RT

Interesting that Wilson is working at Guard. I thought he would be our best option at Center, but maybe Michalski and Kaweci are going to be able to hold it down.
I think you will when it gets real. Or something real close.

Etienne to BYU. Not sure what that says about their O-line. Guess we'll find out when we play.

Kopenski to the portal. Probably a good move for him. He played hard and was fun to watch but with the LEO going away it makes sense to go somewhere that plays 4 down.

My guess is Collins was going to leap him in the depth chart
That was not even a question considering Collins is the likely starter. Jackson was looking at being way down the depth chart though, maybe even behind some walk ons.

Back