Ukraine. Ukraine. Ukraine.

What does that mean? Who is promising who peace? Russia does not and will not live up to international agreements. They never have.

You'd sue as Americans or other? It's not our place to try to push Ukraine into giving up its people and territory after an unprovoked invasion.

We have failed at getting the country united behind this cause. Largely because almost half of our country is listening to Russian propaganda and making opinions based on that. Instead of uniting to support a country in need being attacked by a country hostile to our own, people are listening to the hostile country. Ask anyone that deals in national defense on either side of the aisle and they will agree that we need to support Ukraine as much as possible.

One downside of our political situation is that it doesn't lend itself to longer term dedication and planning to important causes (not the word I want but I'm having trouble finding the right one).
I’ll answer the first question in the next quote.

But it’s that last sentence of yours that’ll save us a ton of time and history.

I completely agree. That was my problem from the very beginning. Our short sidednesses. And it’s because of our system. We can change any course and just blame it on any previous administration. Even more glaringly, we will never be unified like we were. Especially to these wars. If we cannot unify over the greatest dual passport holders in congress, no way we will over Ukraine.
Who is promising Russia peace and from whom is it be promised? Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I'm legit curious what you mean here. Let's pretend @Llcoolw is the president of the US: what do you propose we do?
I accept the nomination.

2012 If I’m the president, I direct our intelligence community to quit sending cables on the demographics of Crimea and to quit telegraphing our operatives within the Ukrainian Orange Revolution.

2014 If I’m the president, I’d out John McCain and Mrs. Graham, to the media, for being in Ukraine and telling their armed forces we are going to help them kill as many Russians as possible.

2021 March ( Almost a year prior to invasion ) Massive Russian forces started their buildup along the border and presented the West with the list of demands to deescalate the situation. I would’ve promised them that even if Ukraine joins NATO, we will give Russia all the necessary treaties they want to prove we don’t want war.

October 7 2023. If I was president, I would be very suspicious that a proxy of a proxy of Russia just found an excellent diversion to completely pull all of our attention and materials to another front. I’m not implying Russia knew exactly what the plan was but I also would not be surprised if they did, since Hamas has been invited to Moscow several times since the breech of Israel’s security.

Today. If I was the president today, I would have 2 choices to make.

1). Engage. Hit back 10x harder. Let loose all proxies and fighting elements not just in the Russian theatre but the ME, Africa and with our SE partners….I would start creating havoc in The South China Sea. Using all tools including cyber, financial, diplomatic, weapons and lots of lots of decoy drones to simulate multiple conflicts simultaneously. I would loose massive financial disruptions through ecoins, malware, sanctions, sabotage even counterfeiting monies to destabilize the big players.

Or

2). I would sue for peace. I would make it clear that Ukraine is 5x more important to us than Afghanistan. Therefore we will be there the next 100 years. I would pump war funds into their infrastructure and munition manufacturing. I would threaten to move NATO HQ into Ukraine. I would make it so costly for everyone that peace becomes a second thought automatically. Total war or nothing. Which is why I questioned it from the very beginning, if we’re not committed, then why fight? The half ass way so far has killed hundreds of thousands, wasted trillions, and is about to hand Russia a sure victory. I’m not even sure suing will work at this point, If I’m the president of the other country, I’m thinking like Netanyahu, “this will never happen again”.

I completely agree. That was my problem from the very beginning. Our short sidednesses. And it’s because of our system. We can change any course and just blame it on any previous administration. Even more glaringly, we will never be unified like we were. Especially to these wars. If we cannot unify over the greatest dual passport holders in congress, no way we will over Ukraine.

I accept the nomination.

2012 If I’m the president, I direct our intelligence community to quit sending cables on the demographics of Crimea and to quit telegraphing our operatives within the Ukrainian Orange Revolution.

2014 If I’m the president, I’d out John McCain and Mrs. Graham, to the media, for being in Ukraine and telling their armed forces we are going to help them kill as many Russians as possible.

2021 March ( Almost a year prior to invasion ) Massive Russian forces started their buildup along the border and presented the West with the list of demands to deescalate the situation. I would’ve promised them that even if Ukraine joins NATO, we will give Russia all the necessary treaties they want to prove we don’t want war.

October 7 2023. If I was president, I would be very suspicious that a proxy of a proxy of Russia just found an excellent diversion to completely pull all of our attention and materials to another front. I’m not implying Russia knew exactly what the plan was but I also would not be surprised if they did, since Hamas has been invited to Moscow several times since the breech of Israel’s security.

1). Engage. Hit back 10x harder. Let loose all proxies and fighting elements not just in the Russian theatre but the ME, Africa and with our SE partners….I would start creating havoc in The South China Sea. Using all tools including cyber, financial, diplomatic, weapons and lots of lots of decoy drones to simulate multiple conflicts simultaneously. I would loose massive financial disruptions through ecoins, malware, sanctions, sabotage even counterfeiting monies to destabilize the big players.

Or

2). I would sue for peace. I would make it clear that Ukraine is 5x more important to us than Afghanistan. Therefore we will be there the next 100 years. I would pump war funds into their infrastructure and munition manufacturing. I would threaten to move NATO HQ into Ukraine. I would make it so costly for everyone that peace becomes a second thought automatically. Total war or nothing. Which is why I questioned it from the very beginning, if we’re not committed, then why fight? The half ass way so far has killed hundreds of thousands, wasted trillions, and is about to hand Russia a sure victory. I’m not even sure suing will work at this point, If I’m the president of the other country, I’m thinking like Netanyahu, “this will never happen again”.
Just curious why the allies of the invaded country would need to do all of this to avoid war but not the country that actually invaded another country?

I mean, poor little Russia with all of their nukes were so worried that they just had to invade yet another country. What exactly was the country that has invaded several countries afraid of from NATO that, at this point in its history, has invaded exactly ZERO countries?

I agree with you that it is time to stop pussyfooting around. Tell Russia that if Ukraine wishes, they will be a NATO country as of July 31st. If Russian troops are still committing war in thre country on that date, they will be forcibly removed from a NATO ally.

But, all of this nonsense that things we did or said made it so Russia HAD TO invade a neighbor is pure hogwash.

Just curious why the allies of the invaded country would need to do all of this to avoid war but not the country that actually invaded another country?

I mean, poor little Russia with all of their nukes were so worried that they just had to invade yet another country. What exactly was the country that has invaded several countries afraid of from NATO that, at this point in its history, has invaded exactly ZERO countries?

I agree with you that it is time to stop pussyfooting around. Tell Russia that if Ukraine wishes, they will be a NATO country as of July 31st. If Russian troops are still committing war in thre country on that date, they will be forcibly removed from a NATO ally.

But, all of this nonsense that things we did or said made it so Russia HAD TO invade a neighbor is pure hogwash.

I also had thought that Putin invading Georgia, Crimea, Donbas, and then finally Ukraine was to counter Western influence and NATO expansion in those countries. That was until the Tucker Carlson interview. Putin had a perfect opportunity to spread his message far and wide. Tucker even tried to get him to talk about NATO. But it was all about how historically that land and its people should be Russian. Because of something that happened in like 1347. I don't know. Condoleezza Rice might be right, we have to consider the fact that he's just a madman trying to restore some sort of made up "glory" for his "homeland." Kind of like someone else in history. Well, a lot of others....

I also had thought that Putin invading Georgia, Crimea, Donbas, and then finally Ukraine was to counter Western influence and NATO expansion in those countries. That was until the Tucker Carlson interview. Putin had a perfect opportunity to spread his message far and wide. Tucker even tried to get him to talk about NATO. But it was all about how historically that land and its people should be Russian. Because of something that happened in like 1347. I don't know. Condoleezza Rice might be right, we have to consider the fact that he's just a madman trying to restore some sort of made up "glory" for his "homeland." Kind of like someone else in history. Well, a lot of others....
That’s what I have always thought he wanted.

Speaking of former Russian puppet states

I accept the nomination.

Or

What do you think the words 'sue for peace' mean? It means begging someone to leave you alone. You say you'd sue for peace and then talk about all the things you'd do to strengthen Ukraine, which is the exact opposite of suing for peace. You then said you'd make it so costly that peace becomes a second thought automatically - which implies that war is the first thing on everyone's mind. Both your options would be significant escalations of the current situation.

I feel like I need crazy pills to follow along. None of what you said makes any sense.

Back