Orange Power Tailgate - Mountaineer Edition

Pokes28

When - Saturday October 5 - Lots open at 8 AM - kickoff at 3:00 PM
Where - South side of Ag Hall
Food - Tacos

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to the Orange Power Tailgate for our only home game in October. The opposition is West Virginia. Historically, West Virginia fans travel very well and have been great to have at our tailgates.

The food will be tacos. The current plan is for both beef and chicken. There will be some sides, but let's be honest: tacos don't need sides.

West Virginia fans, we would love to have you come by and join us. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you don't act like a Sooner, you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

For anybody who has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. This tailgate is 100% based off of donations. We keep costs as low as possible and donate anything above those costs. -

JD will be happy because Liverpool is playing the 6:30 AM match, and we will have the tents, TV, etc. going by then. In years past, Crystal Palace (currently in a relegation spot) has been the kind of opponent that causes Liverpool to drop points. It will either be a bloodbath in Liverpool's favor, or it will be very tight, with Palace maybe getting a point at home. So, if you love the beautiful game, come join us for futbol before football.

When we were in WV for the multiple overtime game that we won during prime time. The amount of 'shine that was offered and consumed was insane. I've never been so happy for a 5 hour football game in my life as I was that day. Allowing me to be stone cold sober by the end of the game and getting to make the drive back to Pittsburgh for a flight home the next day.

That being said, a lot of what we were offered was not moonshine. It was some alcohol blend that they were presenting and calling moonshine. But after what seemed like 4000 pulls off various mason jars, it really didn't matter.

Been at our tailgate site since 10:45 - the number of folks in the area seems far less than first 3 home games. I hope it's just a late arriving crowd due to heat. Not looking forward to sitting on the north side myself!

At least Eskimo Joe's, George's and the Garage were plenty packed and crowded as usual. So many, many people come just to tailgate or hang out at the bars/restaurants. However, I measure game attendance with how packed the parking was at Strickland Park. For this WV game it wasn't packed as much as was the previous games. Attendance: 52,202.

Hopefully, the heat will be out of the 90's for future home games. And OSU can quit losing!!

The most unforgettable game day for a very, very long time is the last bedlam game with OU! But I'll always regret having left the strip shortly before the goal posts were paraded down the street there.

Last edited:
At least Eskimo Joe's, George's and the Garage were plenty packed and crowded as usual. So many, many people come just to tailgate or hang out at the bars/restaurants. However, I measure game attendance with how packed the parking was at Strickland Park. For this WV game it wasn't packed as much as was the previous games. Attendance: 52,202.

Hopefully, the heat will be out of the 90's for future home games. And OSU can quit losing!!

The most unforgettable game day for a very, very long time is the last bedlam game with OU! But I'll always regret having left the strip shortly before the goal posts were paraded down the street there.
Youtube is your friend!!! We were outside the Hideaway waiting to get a table h when they paraded those down the street! There are several Youtube videos from students who were part of the group parading the goal posts down the street! 🤠

Back