Do what OU did with Stoops and Lincoln. Pay Zac Robinson to be OC for a season or two, then have him take over.

I trust our Pres and AD have a post-Gundy plan stashed away, but I think it’s time to start thinking future before Gundy leaves and we’re left with nothing. You know we’ll be left with Jack Sh** when the time comes, and everyone will transfer. Get the foundation now. I don’t care if you keep Dunns salary and move him to strictly WR coach again, cause he is damn good at that. But not playcalling.

I do not want to become what Texas Tech has become.

Tech hired a former QB, well liked, and found ways to run up huge numbers losing games. Now they have high school coach.

So we could go with Zac. Then hire Loren Montgomery.

Yeah, I don’t want to do that BS either. 😂

Tech hired a former QB, well liked, and found ways to run up huge numbers losing games. Now they have high school coach.

So we could go with Zac. Then hire Loren Montgomery.

Yeah, I don’t want to do that BS either. 😂
Lol.

We all know Zac ain't coming here. Montgomery runs a gimmick offense but his kids do play hard. I don't think his stuff would work in college though.

I could see Robinson being our HC some day but it would have to be after he’s been fired as a NFL HC or OC. He’s not leaving that career path until it’s run it’s course.

I trust our Pres and AD have a post-Gundy plan stashed away, but I think it’s time to start thinking future before Gundy leaves and we’re left with nothing. You know we’ll be left with Jack Sh** when the time comes, and everyone will transfer. Get the foundation now. I don’t care if you keep Dunns salary and move him to strictly WR coach again, cause he is damn good at that. But not playcalling.

I do not want to become what Texas Tech has become.
So, you trust our President and AD have a plan, but you also *know* that they don't, and that we're gonna have nothing and everyone will transfer when our HC retires? And you also want to pay a position coach $1,000,000? And you also propose that an NFL OC that has an upward trajectory in the NFL, and has never expressed interest in the college game, would drop all of that to become a HC in waiting at a small market college football team that isn't in the SEC or Big 10?

How does any of that make sense to you?

Zac is on a path to becoming an NFL head coach. Absolutely zero chance he gives that up to coach in college.
A name and HC to watch is Alex Golesh at South Florida! He was a GA for Mike in 2006 thru 2009 and then worked for Czmpbell at Iowa State! He is considered an up and comer and got a depleted South Florida into a bowl they WON last December!!!🤔

A name and HC to watch is Alex Golesh at South Florida! He was a GA for Mike in 2006 thru 2009 and then worked for Czmpbell at Iowa State! He is considered an up and comer and got a depleted South Florida into a bowl they WON last December!!!🤔
He was only here in 2008 and then went with Beckman to Toledo and later Illinois. But, yes, he is a guy to watch.

Hasn’t Zac Robinson spent his entire coaching career in the NFL? Does he have any history of being able to recruit?
He's not a real candidate. People throw his name out, because he's a Cowboy great, and appears to be a solid coach. But he's never once shown interest in coaching at the college level, and at this point, has no reason to. He's currently ascending in the NFL.

Back