Big 12 Tournament Thread

MT Cowboy

Ranger
Tournament is underway, KU knocks off KSU in game 1. That closer for KU, Cranton, was throwing GAS, all fastballs 97+.

I know its the middle of the day on a Tuesday but the stands are sparse. They really need to move this to a more college friendly venue.
I FULLY AGREE! If Oklahoma City and specifically the Dodgers hadn’t been so flippant in their attitude towards this event, I think it would still be here in OKC! They already have pretty much guaranteed to give Jerry Jones the football championship in Arlington and they took advantage of OKCs attitude to also grab the baseball championship, plus they were also trying to appease Texas, who won’t be in the Big XII conference anymore in a couple of months!!! 😠

Although the crowds are sparse, it needs to stay in Globe life due to the weather this time of year. Could you imagine with all the crazy weather the last month and number of games in this tournament what havoc could be created? With that being said, it is insane that this is a double elimination tournament. Should be single elimination. Nobody has the pitching for this.

Tulsa should host if okc doesn't.
If they put together a better package how would OKC have any bearing? FTR, I want OKC and Tulsa included in a lot more. Championships should be in XII states/markets even if they rotate. Don’t even get me started on basketball being locked in where it’s. 😂

I think playing in an (enclosed) MLB park is carrying a lot more weight than anything else in this case.

If they put together a better package how would OKC have any bearing? FTR, I want OKC and Tulsa included in a lot more. Championships should be in XII states/markets even if they rotate. Don’t even get me started on basketball being locked in where it’s. 😂

I think playing in an (enclosed) MLB park is carrying a lot more weight than anything else in this case.
That was one thing the Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington bunch they were able to pitch to get the tournament especially once the facility opened in 2020 and was ready to go!!! Smart moves on their part! 🤔

I wonder if travel plays a factor too. It’s way easier for teams to get to DFW than Okc or Tulsa.

I watched a game in Globe Life last year, college games are just brutal. The atmosphere is just about zero. What seems like a good college crowd (5-10K) gets swallowed up there. The place feels empty. The field itself is gigantic, which definitely doesn't fit our style of play at all.

Agreed on getting rid of double elimination--it takes a big toll on your staff with the biggest games being a week away.

Most don’t fly
Not just flying. Okc or Tulsa is good for us, KU, KSU and that’s about it. All Texas teams are closer to DFW and there’s no way UCF, WV, Cincinnati, BYU don’t fly in for this.

I would love for it to be in Okc again for proximity and atmosphere, but thinking logistically, Arlington makes so much more sense.

So, assuming this score holds up, we will play UCF, unless Tech upsets Texas, in which case we would play Tech.

Also, if I remember right, the final game Saturday is single elimination, yet all games leading up to it are double elimination. Why not flip that - make it single elimination and then a 3 game series for the championship?

I watched a game in Globe Life last year, college games are just brutal. The atmosphere is just about zero. What seems like a good college crowd (5-10K) gets swallowed up there. The place feels empty. The field itself is gigantic, which definitely doesn't fit our style of play at all.

Agreed on getting rid of double elimination--it takes a big toll on your staff with the biggest games being a week away.
Yes, I agree with you! I went to the Texas Tech vs OSU game there last season in the tourney when we won on a late home run and it felt like nobody was there even with 8,000 to 10,000 people there! Notice also, that the preseason football press gathering will be in Las Vegas and not a Big XII State or City not to mention I had to laugh when Cowboyshoopspride noted where the Big XII basketball tourney is, in KC, Missouri!!! 😆

Not just flying. Okc or Tulsa is good for us, KU, KSU and that’s about it. All Texas teams are closer to DFW and there’s no way UCF, WV, Cincinnati, BYU don’t fly in for this.

I would love for it to be in Okc again for proximity and atmosphere, but thinking logistically, Arlington makes so much more sense.
Tech is equal.

And I said most. And I don’t know about Ucf but pretty sure they fly. I am not sure about Cincinnati but I was sure they had busses. BYU has money though

Also, if I remember right, the final game Saturday is single elimination, yet all games leading up to it are double elimination. Why not flip that - make it single elimination and then a 3 game series for the championship?
Same format cost us a national title against Georgia. How do you give everyone a ‘do over’ except the undefeated team in the championship?

So, assuming this score holds up, we will play UCF, unless Tech upsets Texas, in which case we would play Tech.
And of course I jinxed UCF! Haha, extra innings. That’s good for us no matter what! Either we get a team that went to extras or we get a Tech team that played late into the night.

Back