One Scotch one Bourbon and any other Libation - Alcoholistic Thread

jobob85

Bent Member
Patreon Supporter
I just received a whiskey advent calendar of micro distillery offerings. Just under 2 oz of liquid enjoyment for the next 24 days. It fits my motto:

"I'm Better When I Drink"

Day 1 - Sagamore Rye

Fitting @jobob85 got this started. Kudos, sir.

Got to try some Dalmore King Alexander III yesterday. I'm not typically a Scotch man, but hot damn, it was smooth. Not the peaty face slap I typically associate with Scotch.

Cheers Applause GIF

Fitting @jobob85 got this started. Kudos, sir.

Got to try some Dalmore King Alexander III yesterday. I'm not typically a Scotch man, but hot damn, it was smooth. Not the peaty face slap I typically associate with Scotch.

Cheers Applause GIF
Scotch is pretty wide ranging in taste. Dalmore has a good lineup. Have not had the King Alex but really enjoyed the 18 my brother sent me last year.

Catching Fire Cheers GIF by The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

I thought this thread was about George Thorogood but the OP was just too drunk to get the lyrics right.

Okay, update for day 2 of advent calendar because it is very good.

JJ Corry - The Hanson Irish Whiskey

Fat Tire during the game, and Fat Tire, after the game. It was a glorious Fat Tire kind a day.

I got a bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch and Ezra Brooks Barrell Proof from my local liquor store for $89+tax. So right at $100 even after. Felt like a really good deal.

Not a bourbon drinker usually but, in my advent calendar I had a Jimmy Red Sraight Bourbon from High Wire Distilling. It is hands down the best of the 22 samples of whiskey that came before it. I will look for it and add it to the whiskey basement collection.

Also the story of the corn is incredible

"About: Our flagship spirit, this bourbon is made from 100% Jimmy Red corn, a magenta-hued landrace grain grown for decades on James Island and nearly lost forever. For 9 years, we’ve worked with a team of researchers and farmers to rebuild a secure seed supply for the most flavorful whiskey corn we’ve ever tasted. Aged a minimum of two years in char 3.5 American oak barrels, this bourbon is best enjoyed in a proper whiskey glass neat or with perhaps one cube of ice.

There were only 2 cobs of Jimmy Red corn left after the last man known to grow it passed away. His family gave the seeds to Ted Chewning and he was able to bring it back to life. From two ears in 2013 to an estimated 250,000 lbs in 2017 the production on Jimmy Red corn has exploded."

Also the story of the corn is incredible

"About: Our flagship spirit, this bourbon is made from 100% Jimmy Red corn, a magenta-hued landrace grain grown for decades on James Island and nearly lost forever. For 9 years, we’ve worked with a team of researchers and farmers to rebuild a secure seed supply for the most flavorful whiskey corn we’ve ever tasted. Aged a minimum of two years in char 3.5 American oak barrels, this bourbon is best enjoyed in a proper whiskey glass neat or with perhaps one cube of ice.

There were only 2 cobs of Jimmy Red corn left after the last man known to grow it passed away. His family gave the seeds to Ted Chewning and he was able to bring it back to life. From two ears in 2013 to an estimated 250,000 lbs in 2017 the production on Jimmy Red corn has exploded."
That is a great story. Thank you for sharing and now I need to find a bottle.

Back