E. Jean Carroll defamation case. Jury orders Trump to pay $83M in damages

Polds4OSU

Sheriff
Patreon Supporter

It really didn't help his case that after the Jury had been seated...in a hearing where Trump is being painted as a person who thinks he is above the law.....got up and stormed out of the court room in a big spectacle before the Closing Remarks were given...which is pretty much unprecedented in Federal Court Settings and extremely disrespectful to the court and the jury. A big display of how he doesn't' think the rules and laws apply to him.

Jury awards Carroll $83.3 million in damages

Former President Donald Trump must pay writer E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million for defaming her in 2019 after she accused him of sexually assaulting her in a department store in the 1990s.

The jury determined that Trump must pay $18.3 million in compensatory damages and $65 million in punitive damages.

Carroll had sought at least $12 million for reputation repair, plus compensatory and punitive damages.

A separate jury last year found Trump liable for sexually assaulting then defaming Carroll, awarding her $5 million in damages.

The current jury of nine New Yorkers -- including a former schoolteacher, a transit worker, and a property manager -- rendered a verdict after deliberating for just under three hours.

I hope she sues him every time Trump (rapist) mentions her name. I don’t think he has the self control to shut his enormous mouth. Prediction: He won’t make it a week before he demeans her again. If he doesn’t he’ll probably blame Biden.

Last edited:
At least Trump doesn't deny his audacity about walking in on a bunch of naked women to check them out when he entered the dressing room for Miss Universe:

"No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. ... ‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that," Donald Trump

Because of whom or what Trump thinks he is, he should be entitled to get by with sexually harassing and assaulting women.

Last edited:
Back