City of Stillwater

There was a thread on the old forum in which business openings and closings and other happenings around Stillwater were discussed. Let's get that going here.

Calling it now but my kids basketball team has someone you will all hear about in a few years.

My kids basketball team has a legitimate badass. Spiro Silverhorn is Logans best friends older brother. 6th grader. I noticed it when he was in 2nd grade at basketball camp-thought he was good but he's a 2nd grader so yeah. In warnups tonight I watched the kid hit 5 straight 3's. He is in 6th grade and shoots 3's better than our team shoots free throws. The team is a bunch of 4-6th graders and the kid playing pg is more about driving than dishing so he only got a few attempts (1-3 by my account but he drilled one) but as he gets older and gets a legitimate point guard man he's scary. Plus his dad is like 6'4" so hopefully he gets his hight. Handles the ball well and plays ok defense.

But his stroke though. The entire team should learn from him. I was watching and honestly I can't replicate it. And he's 12 years old.

Calling it now but my kids basketball team has someone you will all hear about in a few years.

My kids basketball team has a legitimate badass. Spiro Silverhorn is Logans best friends older brother. 6th grader. I noticed it when he was in 2nd grade at basketball camp-thought he was good but he's a 2nd grader so yeah. In warnups tonight I watched the kid hit 5 straight 3's. He is in 6th grade and shoots 3's better than our team shoots free throws. The team is a bunch of 4-6th graders and the kid playing pg is more about driving than dishing so he only got a few attempts (1-3 by my account but he drilled one) but as he gets older and gets a legitimate point guard man he's scary. Plus his dad is like 6'4" so hopefully he gets his hight. Handles the ball well and plays ok defense.

But his stroke though. The entire team should learn from him. I was watching and honestly I can't replicate it. And he's 12 years old.
This is a Non-Sports Forum.

Walls has to close or move. The school is building new buildings there

They are closing Jan. 7th.. they gave up trying to find a location. :(

Harbor Freight is opening in the old Staples location.

A new restaurant named The Monarch is opening in the Odd Fellows Hall building.

Persimmon Hills bakery moved into the old Thai Cafe building.

I heard (can't remember where) that it will reopen. The owners had 3 locations; Ponca, Stillwater, and Enid and they closed all 3. Possibly changing hands and making a comeback?

Back