2023 Invitation to Cowboys Coming to Morgantown

sunedogsc

(cross posted from another board)

We hope to see a lot of Cowboys in Morgantown this Saturday. My wife Crystal .and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. It's great to make new friends and talk football. I've been extending these invitations to opponents ever since we joined the B12, and we've had some great turnouts. Your fans travel very well and we've had a few dozen join us in past years.

I extended this invitation on this board two years ago, and then had to cancel it because of Crystal's health. I'm thrilled to tell you she is doing much better and we're both looking forward to this game.

So I hereby invite any and all Cowboys to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some iconic clear homemade traditional Appalachian adult beverage. You can join our tradition, The Shine Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass the clear stuff around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

Unfortunately, the weather is going to suck -- again. Mid 40's to mid 50's with light rain. But a 3:30 EST kickoff is my favorite slot. You dress appropriately and we'll bring extra clear homemade traditional Appalachian adult beverage.

(Note to anyone that's joined us in the past -- we moved our spot about 30 feet closer to the hospital. We're just across the access road from where we were for years.)

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital. If you stand with your back to the flag poles, walk down that row towards the stadium. We are in the end spot in that row (before the access road) in a black Mercedes SUV.

Another way to find us is to click this link from the "what3words" app.

https://w3w.co/puppy.grapes.super

A map will pop up showing our exact location within 10 feet. I suggest you change the view from the default to the aerial view so you can see where we are relative to the hospital and the stadium. You can click the Navigate button at the bottom and choose to navigate there using Google Maps, Waze or some other apps. If you can't find us, ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

Come see us.

We hope to see a lot of Cowboys in Morgantown this Saturday. My wife Crystal .and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. It's great to make new friends and talk football. I've been extending these invitations to opponents ever since we joined the B12, and we've had some great turnouts. Your fans travel very well and we've had a few dozen join us in past years.

I extended this invitation on this board two years ago, and then had to cancel it because of Crystal's health. I'm thrilled to tell you she is doing much better and we're both looking forward to this game.

So I hereby invite any and all Cowboys to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some iconic clear homemade traditional Appalachian adult beverage. You can join our tradition, The Shine Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass the clear stuff around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

Unfortunately, the weather is going to suck -- again. Mid 40's to mid 50's with light rain. But a 3:30 EST kickoff is my favorite slot. You dress appropriately and we'll bring extra clear homemade traditional Appalachian adult beverage.

(Note to anyone that's joined us in the past -- we moved our spot about 30 feet closer to the hospital. We're just across the access road from where we were for years.)

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital. If you stand with your back to the flag poles, walk down that row towards the stadium. We are in the end spot in that row (before the access road) in a black Mercedes SUV.

A map will pop up showing our exact location within 10 feet. I suggest you change the view from the default to the aerial view so you can see where we are relative to the hospital and the stadium. You can click the Navigate button at the bottom and choose to navigate there using Google Maps, Waze or some other apps. If you can't find us, ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

Come see us.
That's awesome.

Come see us.
That is a great gesture. I will need an ambulance close in case of a poisoning incident. There is a reason I wear slip on shoes and have a tattoo on my forehead with an emergency contact.

Come see us.
So glad to hear your loved one is healthier. Life is so much more important than a sports rivalry.

Come see us.
Will stop by and say Hello.. Go Pokes !!

Come see us.
Hope you had a safe and enjoyable day, minus the final score.

Congrats on your win! The rains came in the 4th quarter and our defense melted. Ollie is a beast and I hope he gets Heisman attention.

But we had a great day tailgating. It was cool, very windy and damp, but at least the rain held off. Your folks really represented. I think we had about 30 at our tailgate. At least two, and I think three, groups had been to our tailgate in prior years. Man, I can't tell you how good that makes us feel.

This is Brian and Joe (hope I got their names right) and their cool wives. They've never missed a trip to Morgantown. That means 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 and this year. Super impressive! And they endeared themselves to all of our folks with the message on the lid of their cooler.IMG_7501.jpg

And the two guys on the left and the one on the right had partied with us before. Had a blast with the couple in the middle as well.
IMG_2040.jpg

Back